Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chicago recomendations please

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
For a mate's landmark birthday booked to go to Chicago in November for a week, going to see the Bears on the Sunday and an Ice hockey game at some point, anything else we could do?

Thanks

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Go up the Willis Tower, very cool, glass bottomed bit where you can stand outside the main building and look down and around.
Planetarium was pretty cool. Magnificent Mile for shopping, cheap trainers etc, big Nike store...
The Bean/ Grant Park is pretty cool too..
The Fed Money Museum was pretty interesting too
You also should try a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.. They are huge, so good to share.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
"The Bean" sculpture in Millennium Park. It's a must do but doesn't take too long.

EBz_UKkX4AA34Wj

Lower left corner.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Fulton Market--they will be opening a market with 18 different kiosks that feature different foods from around Chicago. Not sure exactly when it opens but it will be soon.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not sure if it is still running but they had a bus gangster tour around the city including Al Capones old stomping grounds which was very interesting.

Blues bars are also a must there are plenty to choose from and as others had said the river tour and Willis tower are well worth a visit (the latter only do on a day with clear skies).

You will love the ice hockey but be prepared for a good few hours there (we naively thought given the quarter lengths would be over fairly quickly.....).

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Not sure if it is still running but they had a bus gangster tour around the city including Al Capones old stomping grounds which was very interesting.

Blues bars are also a must there are plenty to choose from and as others had said the river tour and Willis tower are well worth a visit (the latter only do on a day with clear skies).

You will love the ice hockey but be prepared for a good few hours there (we naively thought given the quarter lengths would be over fairly quickly.....).

Yes, the gangster bus tour is still running.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The Biograph Theater on Lincoln Ave. the place where John Dillinger was shot. BTW, the Dillinger family is going to have his body excavated from his grave in Indianapolis.

9d.jpg

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hire a bike and pedal up the cycle lane next to Lake Michigan, and visit the brilliant (and FREE) Lincoln Park Zoo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Joe's Stone Crab House rated no 3 of 8177 restaurants in Chicago on Trip Advisor excellent food,very busy you will probably have to book well in advance. Not only fish they had virtually everything available.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here