Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Super Cup tonight. Female referee

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Half past midnight in Istanbul. Liverpool players are going to get home about 7am, and play Southampton away in the PL 2 days later.

Which could turn out to be quite annoying.

So they'll only win 3-0 then.

Which in turn means we need to put 4 past West Ham.

Gonna make the second half a bit dull.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A bit of justice Tammy Abraham misses the last penalty, gives Liverpool the win and let's the ref off the hook for falling for his cheating in the penalty area.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Had Chelsea promised him his mum a new house he’d have scored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On the whole I thought she reffed it well.

There were two BIG decisions that noticably to me got minimal replays though. The goal from Pedro that was ruled offside that would've made it 2-1. We got just ONE replay to look at that one, and it looked highly marginal, as there was a red in the middle of the field that looked like he may have been playing him on. Only one brief look for us though, no pause in the replay to see the decision. Nope, we just cracked on with what was a questionable call by the lino. And then of course the penalty decision on Abraham, which they NEVER showed from a conclusive angle during the game, only the one from behind the keeper, where you couldn't really see if there had been proper contact.

Now in any other game I've watched, especially with VAR involved, we'd have seen those calls from multiple angles in replays, several times over, pretty much straight away. In this game though, the replays felt like they were being suppressed. I was actually left a bit frustrated at not seeing the replays from various angles to see if the call was right or not.

In short - I think UEFA very much had the kid gloves on with the broadcasters to "go easy" on replaying any controversial / borderline incidents to the audience. That NEVER happens when a man is reffing the game. Like I say, I think she controlled the game well and *seemed* to get most things right. But the women refs were, in my opinion, under far less TV replay scrutiny tonight. And that would have been a directive by "the authorities" - who, lets face it, would DREAD being shown up by giving this game to a woman and her getting something wrong.

Which is a bit rubbish innit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great game, excellent refereeing. Watched it in pub with a mix of neutrals, Chelsea and Liverpool. Everyone thought it was competitive, well managed and a great advert for the PL. As I sort of noted earlier, I think the boys behaved better because the ref wasn't a complete and utter shyster type 'all about me' bloke.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On the whole I thought she reffed it well.

There were two BIG decisions that noticably to me got minimal replays though. The goal from Pedro that was ruled offside that would've made it 2-1. We got just ONE replay to look at that one, and it looked highly marginal, as there was a red in the middle of the field that looked like he may have been playing him on. Only one brief look for us though, no pause in the replay to see the decision. Nope, we just cracked on with what was a questionable call by the lino. And then of course the penalty decision on Abraham, which they NEVER showed from a conclusive angle during the game, only the one from behind the keeper, where you couldn't really see if there had been proper contact.

Now in any other game I've watched, especially with VAR involved, we'd have seen those calls from multiple angles in replays, several times over, pretty much straight away. In this game though, the replays felt like they were being suppressed. I was actually left a bit frustrated at not seeing the replays from various angles to see if the call was right or not.

In short - I think UEFA very much had the kid gloves on with the broadcasters to "go easy" on replaying any controversial / borderline incidents to the audience. That NEVER happens when a man is reffing the game. Like I say, I think she controlled the game well and *seemed* to get most things right. But the women refs were, in my opinion, under far less TV replay scrutiny tonight. And that would have been a directive by "the authorities" - who, lets face it, would DREAD being shown up by giving this game to a woman and her getting something wrong.

Which is a bit rubbish innit.

I find it hard to believe that UEFA could tell BT or anyone how to edit replays. The pen was soft, sure, but it was a VAR call. There was a tiny touch and if them's the rules so be it. Had it been Muzza we'd have snapped VAR's hand off. And nobody would be talking about the gender of the ref. Few complaints from Liverpool, either....:shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find it hard to believe that UEFA could tell BT or anyone how to edit replays. The pen was soft, sure, but it was a VAR call. There was a tiny touch and if them's the rules so be it. Had it been Muzza we'd have snapped VAR's hand off. And nobody would be talking about the gender of the ref. Few complaints from Liverpool, either....:shrug:

BT don't edit replays - they can't do anything during the live coverage of the game, they are taking the UEFA live feed, and are completely at the mercy of the in-game TV producer as to what replay gets shown, from what angle as we are watching.

Only when we got to the break before the penalties could BT actually delve into the multi-angle replays, and then showed us the one that revealed it was actually quite a shit decision. This patently does not happen during other games that are being refereed by a man. Sorry, thats a fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BT don't edit replays - they can't do anything during the live coverage of the game, they are taking the UEFA live feed, and are completely at the mercy of the in-game TV producer as to what replay gets shown, from what angle as we are watching.

Only when we got to the break before the penalties could BT actually delve into the multi-angle replays, and then showed us the one that revealed it was actually quite a shit decision. This patently does not happen during other games that are being refereed by a man. Sorry, thats a fact.

OK. Conspiracy, then. That or coincidence. We shall probably never know which.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK. Conspiracy, then. That or coincidence. We shall probably never know which.

Nope, but I would 100% stand by my assertion that we saw minimal replays of the key borderline decisions during the live coverage of that game. It was very noticeable to me, and the motive was really quite clear.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nope, but I would 100% stand by my assertion that we saw minimal replays of the key borderline decisions during the live coverage of that game. It was very noticeable to me, and the motive was really quite clear.

I was taught to never argue motive.....

Anyway. All the best :thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

On the radio they implied that the view that revealed definitively that it was a dive was not available, or viewed, by the VAR team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On the radio they implied that the view that revealed definitively that it was a dive was not available, or viewed, by the VAR team.

Which really is a nonsense then. If the definitive angle is not made available to the VAR team to overrule her penalty decision, then what other conclusion can we draw from that ?

- UEFA didn't want her crucial dodgy penalty decision exposed, and then overruled / corrected.

Unless I'm missing something.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

If it had bee Murray, he would have been booked.

Poor by the Asst Ref, but VAR particularly.

The ref surely could not have made an absolute judgement from her angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

The 'rules' do not predicate against contact. Abraham cheated.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I thought all three of them were great, although how on earth VAR did not overrule that penalty decision is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here