Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Super Cup tonight. Female referee

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Don't see many female refs at Leek Town anymore,such a pity because no abuse or verbals let alone in your face stuff. BTW well liked.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
No expense spent on this opening ceremony.

The Turkish equivalent of Morris dancing.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
I was aware. Is reffing in the Womens World Cup now going to be a prelude to being awarded high profile mens European games then ? Its quite a leap, when domestically week in, week out you're only refereeing in front of three men and a dog.

I'm playing devils advocate here, but it seems that in this case, a woman referee has been fast-tracked to this game, whereas a male referee with a similar kind of career path would have had no chance.

It’s not high profile. It’s a glorified friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Talking of all things Turkish, CK-R now plies his trade in Mexico. Say what you like about the little sausage but he’s never been afraid of stepping out of his comfort zone, his post-BHA playing career taking in several Turkish clubs, one French, one Greek, one Dutch, Celtic, two Brazilian clubs and now Veracruz, his second Mexican club. What a C.V.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Talking of all things Turkish, CK-R now plies his trade in Mexico. Say what you like about the little sausage but he’s never been afraid of stepping out of his comfort zone, his post-BHA playing career taking in several Turkish clubs, one French, one Greek, one Dutch, Celtic, two Brazilian clubs and now Veracruz, his second Mexican club. What a C.V.

what a ****

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Half past midnight in Istanbul. Liverpool players are going to get home about 7am, and play Southampton away in the PL 2 days later.

Which could turn out to be quite annoying.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Refs done ok.....one of the assistants missed an offside that was ...erm quite a lot...good ol VAR

Other than getting the penalty wrong IMO.

Surely, what is the point of VAR if they don't overturn that type of decision?

Clear and obvious error, seemed pretty clear to me........

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
FIFA are now in the honourable position of knocking all the enjoyment out of football. VAR, offside management, the list goes on.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'd have missed that gem if it had been the last post in the thread (too much space!)

I wonder, with all those super-rich young men on the pitch, if she'll try angling for a date....

Date? She's an experienced ref, so I doubt she gives a fig!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here