NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Pics?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Couldn't care less as long as she's decent.

As an aside, I do wonder how the players will behave towards a female ref. In more meaningful games, will they react with more restraint to crap decisions or not? It will be interesting to see.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’ve been saying for years that this plus VAR is the only way to stop the moronic, thuggish behaviour of certain players.
As an example that Parerra (sp) should have at least been booked on Saturday for his reaction into the ref’s face for Murray’s ‘handball’, now VAR is in place there is no need for players to react like that. Add a female ref and they might finally think twice.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Ref you F**** C*** that's our Throw in you Wa***** , will be changed into Alright sweetcheeks that's our throw in darling .

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Albion U-18s have had a female referee for a game before now. A female referee also reffed the friendly against FC Liefering.

As far as I can tell, the world is still spinning. :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
She's qualified so why not?

She's a qualified referee, but aside from a couple of recent France Ligue 1 games and refereeing in the WWC, so far she's spent her career officiating almost exclusively down in the French noddy leagues. Not sure how that qualifies her and her team to take charge of a mens European final between the European and Europa League champions. UEFA certainly wouldn't appoint some bloke who'd only ever reffed in the English lower leagues and (say) in an U21 tournament.

Last years referee for this fixture was Szymon Marciniak, a pole who has been refereeing in the Polish top flight since 2011, and taking World Cup Qualifiers since 2014, as well as games in the Finals at Euro 2016 and Russia 2018. A pretty impressive CV, hence getting the gig.

Given that, I'm not really sure exactly what qualifies Stephanie Frappart for this game above a multitude of her more experienced male counterparts. But I'll be watching with interest and hope she does a good job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here