Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion endorsed "casual" clothing as flogged in the shop

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The essential stuff is ok, I have the T shirt on now, good quality thick cotton a fits a treat.
Liking the look of the Nike training stuff, the zip up hoodie and sweatshirt.
The rest, and I was only thinking this a few days ago whilst looking at the shop online, is awful, terrible designs and has been this way for quite some time.
I think the city and the club have some style, about time they produced a clothing range to match it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It isn’t just the design. The feel of the cloth, the cut, it’s the lowest standards of ‘tailoring’ acrylic, polyester and cotton. Their ‘Millwall-esque’ padded coats (as an example) are crap, incredibly thin, yet with a relatively high price tag for a couple of quids worth of material and churned out production costs.

The equivalent jackets by brands feel warmer, thicker and are a better cut.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
I don’t think it helps when you follow American sports and you see the never ending line of merch, the range of caps and beanies for a single NFL team is staggering, those Albion caps are very vanilla.

However, with the NFL merch, it is identical designs across all 32 teams - just the colour and names change. That said, the quality is usually far superior to the tat we have in the club shop. Hopefully the '47 range is the start of the club bringing in decent suppliers to provide merch.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It isn’t just the design. The feel of the cloth, the cut, it’s the lowest standards of ‘tailoring’ acrylic, polyester and cotton. Their ‘Millwall-esque’ padded coats (as an example) are crap, incredibly thin, yet with a relatively high price tag for a couple of quids worth of material and churned out production.

The equivalent jackets by brands feel warmer, thicker and are a better cut.

I wonder if the clubs position on modern slavery and ethical sourcing type claims is likely being compromised. Difficult to police a global supply chain as we’ve all seen on panorama investigates, cook report etc over the years and right or wrong, there’s a feeling that cheap translates into less transparency, standards etc whatever commodity, product or service. Another reason to engage with Brighton’s local business community. Designed and manufactured in Sussex would be ideal, reduces risk and strengthens appeal. And still plenty of profit for all to share in surely? (said with no real understanding-of!)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The Albion casual clothing range has almost always been crap. Churned out very cheaply in a Far East factory, yet sold the by club at at astonishing mark up, playing on fans loyalty.

Basically it is Primark type polo shirts or tshirts but with a club badge on then sold at 4 times the price of Primark.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The club will tell you demand is high. Well, the Sun was the biggest selling newspaper but it was never a quality read. Wasn’t even absorbent.

It’s bloody awful, has been since Withdean as numerous posters on numerous occasions have commented over the years. Barber ain’t interested. He should be. Nothing else, save a wage because the Merchandise Manager is stealing a living and ought to be ashamed. Probably that person was recruited from a garden centre: clothing wouldn’t look out of place in one plus evidently said person was already experienced in buying and selling compost I.e. shit!!

Exactly. When the club want to maximise all revenue streams it does seem a missed opportunity. There are at least two of us posting on this thread who have actually visited the shop with the intention to spend money and have felt unable to do so. Simply saying 'well the current lines sell well enough' (I'm sure they do) isn't a proactive answer.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Churned out very cheaply in a Far East factory, yet sold the by club at at astonishing mark up, playing on fans loyalty.

You could be speaking of Nike here and that is why I have never bought, and will never buy, any Nike product. Their business ethics and their treatment of their far eastern workforce stinks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They ought to sell one with emblazoned across it:-

'This is a lucky t-shirt'.

I bet they'd sell a pooh load.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly. When the club want to maximise all revenue streams it does seem a missed opportunity. There are at least two of us posting on this thread who have actually visited the shop with the intention to spend money and have felt unable to do so. Simply saying 'well the current lines sell well enough' (I'm sure they do) isn't a proactive answer.

This.
I've visited the club shop many times looking for gifts for my Albion mad son, have a look at the casual clothes, but it's all highly priced crap. so walk away.
(Other than buying a very warm hooded gilet for him about 2 years, that was much loved. It seemed far better made, than the rest of the stock).

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Nah you're being harsh.

This t-shirt of Peter Ward is very high quality and the design is very very good.

Capture.PNG
3.PNG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm gutted the Teegulls chaps weren't bought under the wing of the club (intended)
They absolutely dropped a goolie with that decision:-

'You can't do that too our brand, but can you please do that with our brand'.

I've been banging on about my need for a new 'lucky' t-shirt all summer, and not found anything that's up to the job.

Off for another last ditch search.

As proof of how desperate this search has become this is probably the best I've found so far :-

View attachment 114291

Not exactly 'Dunk 'n' Duffy', is it?

Anyone know what the What3words equivalent is?

(from today's BBC online)

'What3words: The app that can save your life'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49319760

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm gutted the Teegulls chaps weren't bought under the wing of the club (intended)
They absolutely dropped a goolie with that decision:-

'You can't do that too our brand, but can you please do that with our brand'.

I've been banging on about my need for a new 'lucky' t-shirt all summer, and not found anything that's up to the job.

Off for another last ditch search.

As proof of how desperate this search has become this is probably the best I've found so far :-

View attachment 114291

Not exactly 'Dunk 'n' Duffy', is it?

Capture.JPG

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is it possible that Nike call the shots on the casual stuff, won’t allow anything ‘too good’ as it’ll draw sales from their sweat shop gear?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here