Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion endorsed "casual" clothing as flogged in the shop

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The club should do a tie up with Artist Anon on the seafront arches by the i360.

That bloke (imho) has some great T-designs and actually heavily uses a subtle seagull in a lot of his stuff.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The Seagull Love Review do the best Albion tee shirts:

https://tslr.bigcartel.com/

Agree with the official club stuff, usually it is pretty crap. The latest Nike ttee shirts with the club logo on seem better than their usual offerings.

Yes agreed that The Seagull Love Review do cracking T-shirt designs. I would love to buy more of their stuff but it is either a) out of stock or b) not printed on a blue T-shirt, and c) they don't add new designs. If someone from TSLR is reading this it would be great to get your comments on these observations as I want to give you my money...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I quite like the essential plain hoodies tbh - Nike stuff nice but expensive - don’t get what some people are expecting / looking for if I’m honest.
I would like some stuff, esp a range of t-shirts, that are a little eclectic, a bit 'different' and very personal to the club.

Everything seemed (not been in this season, yet) to be very generic, predictable and safe.

I don't know if you remember the Teegulls stuff but in their short lived career it was very imaginative (copywrite infringing) stuff, much like the SLR before them.

There ought to be room for some adventure esp with the current crop of characters available to play around with.

Duffy heading away meteor.
Solly MARCH day.
Maty Ryan's 90 yard runs.
Dale 'Thou shall not pass' Stephens.
Jose v West Ham.

Now that I've proved I'm not the ideas man, maybe others that are can point the club in the right direction.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The club should do a tie up with Artist Anon on the seafront arches by the i360.

That bloke (imho) has some great T-designs and actually heavily uses a subtle seagull in a lot of his stuff.

Maybe that guy should start being a lot less subtle, and start emblazing his teeshirts with big bold seagulls then!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I must have wandered around the club shop about 30 times in hope of buying Albion branded clothing which doesn't look like it was manufactured by Primark, but wandered out again empty handed. The only thing I have bought is a mug. Don't they want my money?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
There ought to be room for some adventure esp with the current crop of characters available to play around with.

Duffy heading away meteor.

Duffy.jpg

Maty Ryan's 90 yard runs.
Jose v West Ham.

Golazoo.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The three non branded BHA endorsed tat of jackets I bought lasted very little time with the zips falling apart. Think I learnt my lesson after that and bought a Nike one.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have a few NCAA '47 caps at home I bought in the States, and they are great design wise - but those Albion ones are pretty "meh".

I don’t think it helps when you follow American sports and you see the never ending line of merch, the range of caps and beanies for a single NFL team is staggering, those Albion caps are very vanilla.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The club will tell you demand is high. Well, the Sun was the biggest selling newspaper but it was never a quality read. Wasn’t even absorbent.

It’s bloody awful, has been since Withdean as numerous posters on numerous occasions have commented over the years. Barber ain’t interested. He should be. Nothing else, save a wage because the Merchandise Manager is stealing a living and ought to be ashamed. Probably that person was recruited from a garden centre: clothing wouldn’t look out of place in one plus evidently said person was already experienced in buying and selling compost I.e. shit!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Albion casual clothing range has almost always been crap. Churned out very cheaply in a Far East factory, yet sold the by club at at astonishing mark up, playing on fans loyalty.

I don't think it is the Far East factor given that most clothes are made their, the club need to just think more creatively

On The Up

Not loyal at all
NSC Patreon
Aug 11, 2012
I don't think it is the Far East factor given that most clothes are made their, the club need to just think more creatively

Exactly.

Regardless of where it's made, if it's lacking imagination, creativity and, on occasion, some humour then there's only going to be limited appeal for most.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here