Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we getting a little bit carried away ?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'd rather be like us, getting a bit over excited after a great win and performance, than the Citeh fan i was chatting to on Saturday who was extremely meh after Citeh won 5-0 at West Ham.

Reality will kick in soon enough, enjoy the good times while you can.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It was a good win but Watford are in a mess, we will clearly learn in the next few weeks how things will turn out but the style of football looks miles better than last season which is a major positive.
You've bloody good eye sight ???

Lol...change that to top ten......enjoy a win of course...particularly as its away and the margin ..but then it can go all doom and gloom on the back of one defeat ..this is NSC after all
You know it Lamie:D

Is it not the way of most NSC posters that their Albion Mojo is either on 10 or zero with very little inbetween.

I fully expect that if we lose by 5 or more at City at the end of the month, NSC will be full of we're going down, Potter out threads.

To use a cliche for Saturday's result and performance, one swallow doesn't make a summer
Oh contraire Rodney :)

There are 25,000 members here. Of course a few will get carried away. The vast majority of us are more cautiously optimistic.

The main (new) reason I'm optimistic is because Bloom has said his goal is to make us a top 10 club. He wouldn't have said that if he wasn't intending to provide us with the means to get there. That's ****ing amazing!

Potter is new to the Premier League and his style of football is new to the players. I figured it would take time for them to learn what he wants them to do (and I still assume that's the case), but our first performance has made me optimistic that both Potter and his players can adapt quicker than I had expected.

No. Keep being a pessimist and the good results will thrill you all the more. Start thinking we'll be great and there's a good chance you'll be disappointed.

It's what everyone has been dreaming of :)

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
carried away or not, it's nice to have a warm fuzzy feeling for a change

WHU we should get something, and Southampton were a shower in defence against Burnley . . . .so 7 or 9 points and a tonking vs Manchester franchise 2 would still be a Mr Kiplingesque exceedingly good start.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not carried away, just delighted that we were able to put in a performance the like of which we haven't seen for ages, using the same players from last season for a large part of it. Delighted that we made some very positive and tactically brave and astute subs and didn't sit on a 1-0 lead. Delighted the players seem to have quickly switched on to GP's wavelength. Delighted to have actually enjoyed an away game for the first time in ages

We'll get a bad run of results at some point (possibly starting on Saturday), GP will get out-thought by some other managers and he'll make some mistakes but I'm a damn sight more optimistic about our season (both in terms of entertainment and outcome) than I was on the last day of least season.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
As everyone (including me) was going on about expected goals last season, can I just say that we are 1.45 points ahead of where we should be. Just behind lucky old Burnley in the Xpts table.

el punal

Of course we get carried away, we’re football fans! It’s just that I don’t want those East End bubble merchants bursting our bubble on Saturday. I want to savour our uninhibited style of football for a few more weeks without the distraction of a defeat or a repeat of a turgid performance from last season. If we are going to lose make it a glorious defeat like 5-4 against Man City Away.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I really enjoyed Saturdays performance. A 3-0 win away from home is something I never thought I would see again to be honest, not in the Premier League anyway.

But are some members of the board getting just a little bit too over excited ?... its only 1 result after all

Tell me I'm just a pessimist and we really are going to be great this season Marshy.. sit back and enjoy the football

Yes.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wait until we beat west ham 4-0 on Saturday..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
edit ** what is keeping me grounded is the fact Watford did start to get right on top , should of scored when March was messing about and could of got a pen , we could of been talking about a 2-1 defeat if they had got back on terms. The performance was good but there was a few concerning signs ***
Should of, could of, could of.

Ffs. You've RUINED the thread. :nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really enjoyed Saturday and I know exactly what is likely to happen this Saturday but I am still going to keep my glow going until then :smile:

Just entertain me, I can take the defeats just not the way they happened last season.

I can genuinely say that I would be bored to death following City whilst loving watching Liverpool. City fans now expect to win every game comfortably and normally do. How dull is that? At least with Liverpool you know you’re likely to suffer heartbreak at the end of the season and have to make do with just being Champion’s of Europe, whilst praying for an unlikely City feck up to help you win the League next year :wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As everyone (including me) was going on about expected goals last season, can I just say that we are 1.45 points ahead of where we should be. Just behind lucky old Burnley in the Xpts table.
Indeed. We are a lowly 8th in the xPTS table.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I really enjoyed Saturdays performance. A 3-0 win away from home is something I never thought I would see again to be honest, not in the Premier League anyway.

But are some members of the board getting just a little bit too over excited ?... its only 1 result after all

Tell me I'm just a pessimist and we really are going to be great this season Marshy.. sit back and enjoy the football

You can only enjoy what’s actually happening . We’ve won an away game against a team fancied to be at least a top half team. We scored more than one goal . We played a more attractive style of football than we have for a long while. I would have been happy with one point from our first two games, so I’m already happy . Yes, there’s a long way to go- but let’s enjoy it when we can

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm unashamedly carried away. Genuinely think we're going to finish in the top 10 this season.

Win against West Ham and I'll start believing we're going to do a Leicester.

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease . . . how can you say that after just one, ONE, game???? Play ten and if the results are the same l may just agree with you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here