Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we getting a little bit carried away ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I really enjoyed Saturdays performance. A 3-0 win away from home is something I never thought I would see again to be honest, not in the Premier League anyway.

But are some members of the board getting just a little bit too over excited ?... its only 1 result after all

Tell me I'm just a pessimist and we really are going to be great this season Marshy.. sit back and enjoy the football

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I said the same thing to my friends who are all on cloud 9. Remember the Martin Hinshelwood 3-0 victory away first game at Burnley several years back. Remember what followed?

Dec 29, 2011
What's the point of following football all your life if you can't go a little nuts after a FLAIR 3-0 opening day win away.

Most of us realise we probably won't finish in the top four, but it's fun to speculate while we can.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was a good win but Watford are in a mess, we will clearly learn in the next few weeks how things will turn out but the style of football looks miles better than last season which is a major positive.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Yes, we probably are getting a bit overexcited, but isn’t that par for the course for football fans everywhere?
On cloud 9 after a good result, and in the depths of despair after a bad one.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What's the point of following football all your life if you can't go a little nuts after a FLAIR 3-0 opening day won away.

This, we are fans, it is our job to get carried away. If you have not been absolutely delighted about where the Albion are at all week then you must be half dead, or a Palace fan. The players, management and board should not be getting carried away, but as fans this is what it is all about, the dream, the expectations, the glory and conversely the disappointment and agony when we are utter shite like the end of last season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Football fans blow with the wind. It isn't new, and it certainly isn't confined to Albion fans.

I play cricket with half a dozen Saints fans. In the pub after last week's game, they were all super-confident going into the season "Che Adams is going to score 20", "Ralph is one of the best managers in the PL"...

In the pub with the very same lads last night, and "****ing terrible. Going to be another shit season", "why the **** didn't we buy a centre back? They're all shit", etc, etc

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Football fans blow with the wind. It isn't new, and it certainly isn't confined to Albion fans.

I play cricket with half a dozen Saints fans. In the pub after last week's game, they were all super-confident going into the season "Che Adams is going to score 20", "Ralph is one of the best managers in the PL"...

In the pub with the very same lads last night, and "****ing terrible. Going to be another shit season", "why the **** didn't we buy a centre back? They're all shit", etc, etc

Still sore :lolol:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Ups and downs! Enjoy the ups as much as poss, get carried away. Like Christmas if was the status quo and happened every week, it just wouldn't be the same would it?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We're going to need a bigger trophy cabinet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If carried away is thinking we're going to win 16+ games and finish in the top 10, no.

If carried away is thinking it we'll still be fighting it out but we have a plan for more exciting football and a real chance we'll get the best out of the squad and may reach 40 points while we are still in April, then yes.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What's the point of following football all your life if you can't go a little nuts after a FLAIR 3-0 opening day win away.

Most of us realise we probably won't finish in the top four, but it's fun to speculate while we can.

Lol...change that to top ten......enjoy a win of course...particularly as its away and the margin ..but then it can go all doom and gloom on the back of one defeat ..this is NSC after all

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I really enjoyed Saturdays performance. A 3-0 win away from home is something I never thought I would see again to be honest, not in the Premier League anyway.

But are some members of the board getting just a little bit too over excited ?... its only 1 result after all

Tell me I'm just a pessimist and we really are going to be great this season Marshy.. sit back and enjoy the football

No, you are not. It is one result, however encouraging it was, but GP will have to instill in the team that we must not get over-confident, and that goes for us fans. The style of football certainly seems to have changed for the better (could it have got worse?) and we have reason to be optimistic, but must guard against being too cocky. Years ago, I was ridiculed for urging caution after an exciting start, when Barnsley came down for a night match -we lost!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've haven't slogged through 40 years of shite just to not enjoy the half a dozen fleeting moments of pure unbridled joy.

D

Deleted member 2719

I said the same thing to my friends who are all on cloud 9. Remember the Martin Hinshelwood 3-0 victory away first game at Burnley several years back. Remember what followed?

Yes to be fair, wasn't that when we were a 1 man side (BZ) and then we lost him to injury, hence losing so much???

I am not getting carried away now but I feel with the new set up and a few game-changers in the squad we are in a different place now.

And I will never dish Hinshlewood for that period, he was a long-time employee for the club just like Wilkins.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here