Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we getting a little bit carried away ?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I really enjoyed Saturdays performance. A 3-0 win away from home is something I never thought I would see again to be honest, not in the Premier League anyway.

But are some members of the board getting just a little bit too over excited ?... its only 1 result after all

Tell me I'm just a pessimist and we really are going to be great this season Marshy.. sit back and enjoy the football

Yes, we are getting carried away and know it. However, when have we seen ourselves in that position in top flight before? Am enjoying this week but am prepared for the future!!!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We've just won away 0-3 at a side who have top 10 expectations, not many sides can achieve such a result. Equally we are about to play a home match against a side we've beaten both times we've played them at the Amex, followed by a team who will be happy to avoid relegation this season. This all leads to a very realistic chance of getting 3 wins in a row and knowing even if we don't quite manage that we won't be cast away from everyone else with a mountain to climb. I'm hopeful this season could be great, like 50ish points great

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
What's the point of following football all your life if you can't go a little nuts after a FLAIR 3-0 opening day win away.

Most of us realise we probably won't finish in the top four, but it's fun to speculate while we can.

I think there may be more certainty than probably won't :)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think it's easy to get carried away after Saturday, because the result (bar Palace away) and performance was nothing like what we've seen in the last 6 months, so you're gonna get lots of excitable fans, albeit most are tongue in cheek when talking top 6!

However what is different is that I am actually excited about Saturday, not in a "we're gonna win 4-0" type of way, but to see Potterball up close and to actually enjoy watching football again at the Amex (even if we lose). After the dire football that got served up from Feb onwards, I'm looking forward, instead of dreading going to the game.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
No need to get carried away. It's a marathon not a sprint. There are good teams in this division. Chants of "we're gonna win the league" probably a bit premature, reckon we should just aim for that top 4 spot

The chants were humour! We are all aware it’s a long process. But we can and should any happy moments along the way.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
https://www.barcelona.com/barcelona...ickets/tips_tricks/how_to_get_to_the_camp_nou

fc-stadium.gif

:)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Football fans blow with the wind. It isn't new, and it certainly isn't confined to Albion fans.

I play cricket with half a dozen Saints fans. In the pub after last week's game, they were all super-confident going into the season "Che Adams is going to score 20", "Ralph is one of the best managers in the PL"...

In the pub with the very same lads last night, and "****ing terrible. Going to be another shit season", "why the **** didn't we buy a centre back? They're all shit", etc, etc

That enormous lump Vestergaard really is shit. Even he contrived to outdo his low standards against Burnley.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I really enjoyed Saturdays performance. A 3-0 win away from home is something I never thought I would see again to be honest, not in the Premier League anyway.

But are some members of the board getting just a little bit too over excited ?... its only 1 result after all

Tell me I'm just a pessimist and we really are going to be great this season Marshy.. sit back and enjoy the football

Yep they are, and why not. Fantastic opener, given a good side a proper belting, and after the last two years albeit a couple of decent results, I think the fans deserve to get a little carried away for a change.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What's the point of following football all your life if you can't go a little nuts after a FLAIR 3-0 opening day win away.

Most of us realise we probably won't finish in the top four, but it's fun to speculate while we can.

This. It's a clear statement of intent to put on two strikers when you're 1-0 up away from home with less than half an hour to play. Could have backfired horribly. But it didn't. And total respect to GP for putting his players win bonuses where his mouth is. Much of last season's woes were as a direct result of sitting back and inviting very poor sides to lay siege to our goal.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Some bets for the carried away:

Brighton top 6 finish 28/1
Top 4 finish 200/1
Winner 2000/1

Maupay top scorer 90/1

Brighton to finish higher than Chelsea 18/1

18/1 isn’t a bad bet...

If Maupay is on offer @ 90/1, then an E/W bet (top 4 places?) on him could be astute.

Personally, I'm hoping we win the next two, so that I can snaffle some extravagantly long odds, on my Albion-relegated consolation bet.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I am excited for this season but not getting carried away. Fourth would be ok with me.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield

After a handfall of games opponents will have had time to study Potters system,then it will be interesting

phoenix

May 18, 2009
It was a good win but Watford are in a mess, we will clearly learn in the next few weeks how things will turn out but the style of football looks miles better than last season which is a major positive.

Why does everyone we beat have to be "in a mess" can't we just say we beat them. We were good, stick that up your bum (not you beachy) !!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why does everyone we beat have to be "in a mess" can't we just say we beat them. We were good, stick that up your bum (not you beachy) !!

To be fair they do not have to be in a mess but Watford clearly are, I think it was the first time in quite a while they started with the same manager they had at the of the previous season.

Just read ther message board to see what the fans think, we actually have as pretty decent chance of winning our first three games.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Football fans blow with the wind. It isn't new, and it certainly isn't confined to Albion fans.

I play cricket with half a dozen Saints fans. In the pub after last week's game, they were all super-confident going into the season "Che Adams is going to score 20", "Ralph is one of the best managers in the PL"...

In the pub with the very same lads last night, and "****ing terrible. Going to be another shit season", "why the **** didn't we buy a centre back? They're all shit", etc, etc

Tell them their club should consider making a bid for Ben White in the next window....after all, Saints will know all about him, having released him at U-16 level :lol::lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here