Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Potter’s Players

4 Not allowed!
    We all have favourites in life don’t we?

I loved Timmy Mallett as a child until I met him.

It was clear that Hughton was keen on the likes of Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Stephens, Murray & Bruno who would all give everything to carry out his instructions to the letter. He could really trust those players, trust was a big thing with Chris.

We now have a new regime led by Mr Potter. Who are the players that he’ll be returning too time and time again, who are the special undropables?

I’m kicking this off with #1 Pascale Groß.

Having listened to the amazing ‘Together’ podcast that focuses on stats and tacts. It seems that Groß’ role in the last game was critical to our success. His work rate, high press and interchanging with Pröpper kept the Watford back line perplexed, nervous and conservative. You can see this in the second goal where they simply don’t know what to do with Pröpper because they’d been focusing on Groß and Montoya.

I think he is the perfect Potter player balancing work rate, guile and skill whilst maintaining a flexibility that the chief tactical Wizard clearly appreciates.

Who else?
    Last edited by Hugo Rune; 14-08-2019 at 10:08.
    :guitar:

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      March
      Time for some proper football, win lose or draw :-)
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Guaranteed that there will be a load of answers along the lines of 'Potter won't have favourites. He'll pick the best team to face the specific opposition in each game, etc'.

They are wrong though - EVERY manager has a central cohort of (almost) undroppable players, in whom they trust.

Too early to call who will be GP's.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

10 Not allowed!
      Dunk. He’s instrumental in Potter’s plans to make use of playmaking centre backs.
      Football. F**king football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor, half-alive B*stards. - Danny Baker
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      I think much to the disappointment of many (the bloke sat behind me in particular), Dale Stephens. He is a players/managers player. Underappreciated by many in my opinion.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It was clear that Hughton was keen on the likes of Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Stephens, Murray & Bruno who would all give everything to carry out his instructions to the letter. He could really trust those players, trust was a big thing with Chris.

We now have a new regime led by Mr Potter. Who are the players that he’ll be returning too time and time again, who are the special undropables?

Having listened to the amazing ‘Together’ podcast that focuses on stats and tacts. It seems that Groß’ role in the last game was critical to our success. His work rate, high press and interchanging with Pröpper kept the Watford back line perplexed, nervous and conservative. You can see this in the second goal where they simply don’t know what to do with Pröpper because they’d been focusing on Groß and Montoya.

I think he is the perfect Potter player balancing work rate, guile and skill whilst maintaining a flexibility that the chief tactical Wizard clearly appreciates.

Who else?
      If so I wonder if Trossard is regretting his move already

He did look fecking surly in all the team photos I saw........everyone else except for Bissouma (who looked away with the fairies) seemed to be having a great time
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DFL JCL View Post
      I think much to the disappointment of many (the bloke sat behind me in particular), Dale Stephens. He is a players/managers player. Underappreciated by many in my opinion.
      This. I thought against Watford he looked a different player.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      If so I wonder if Trossard is regretting his move already

He did look fecking surly in all the team photos I saw........everyone else except for Bissouma (who looked away with the fairies) seemed to be having a great time
      Name:  04-Huddle.jpg
Views: 1691
Size:  247.1 KB

really? I thought this photo of him trying to lift Balogun was funny and he has a grimace-smile on his face.

(also how small he is and Maupay)

0 Not allowed!
      Dale Stephens. Fundamental to all the diamond patterns, breaking up opposition moves and transitioning our play in to attack mode.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post

Who else?

I can see Potter using Trossard on the left (dropping Gross, moving Locadia right) if he sees a weakness in the oppostions RH side, and wants to overload on our left.
      We've already seen the March/Burn/Trossard combination working well in the friendlies.
      In this great future you can't forget your past