Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Second Ashes Test - Lord's 14th-18th August 2019

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
No-one else wish to start a thread on this?

I see Moeen is having a break from cricket, I thought that had started a few games ago...

Far too much expected of Archer by the media.

Were loose by day 3.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Were loose by day 3.

That would be a remarkable achievement considering the weather forecast.

Screen Shot 08-14-19 at 09.17 AM.JPG

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Unlikely to be any play today. I’m lucky to be hosting a box tomorrow so hoping for some good weather and fireworks from Archer.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brightening up here on the Costa Del Aberystwyth and forecast was for rain all day, quite possible the trend will work inland and dry up in London by 2pm, may yet get a couple hours play if they manage to soak up the outfield.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bet365 has England win 100/30, Aussies win 11/4 and the draw 4/5. So bookies don't seem to see it ending in anything other than a weather-related draw.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Looks to be an interlude in the rain approaching? Few smaller showers in behind but the main band is moving through quite quickly compared to the forecast

4F5904F0-1830-4283-B6E7-8A987D1726DD.jpeg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The rest of the rain is just patchy stuff though, looking at the radar it’s really fragmenting before it hits London, will still be enough to stop play though hopefully we can actually get the toss done as I don’t think the match will start at half 3, maybe around half 4 or 5.

Not sure i’d fancy batting but the best batting conditions look to be tomorrow so tough call, pitch looks like it could be a spinning pitch so batting second could be dangerous against Lyon

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yep, cover coming back on just a horrible drizzle by the looks. Got to love the peak British summer month of August.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1161638879423864832[/TWEET]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apologies for my ignorance but if they only manage some scraps of play over the full 5 days, do they decide the outcome using the Jack Duckworth method or whatever the thing's called. Else the current 8/11 bookies odds on the draw looks tremendous value.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I really don't think it's particularly bad news if this game ends in a draw due in large part to rain.

Aussies have a good record at Lord's and anything that stops their momentum at the moment is useful to us.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Apologies for my ignorance but if they only manage some scraps of play over the full 5 days, do they decide the outcome using the Javk Duckworth method or whatever the thing's called. Else the current 8/11 bookies odds on the draw looks tremendous value.

Duckworth - Lewis - Stern is only used in limited over matches (ie one dayers)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I really don't think it's particularly bad news if this game ends in a draw due in large part to rain.

Aussies have a good record at Lord's and anything that stops their momentum at the moment is useful to us.

A draw is a terrible result for us IMO, 1-0 down with 3 left when you cannot trust the weather and lose the next one the ashes is over.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here