Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Second Ashes Test - Lord's 14th-18th August 2019

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Is there a reason why today's play couldn't have started earlier seeing that yesterday was a washout?

Nope. Test cricket kicking itself in the head as usual, I said earlier surely if you lose a day you should be looking to make time/overs wherever possible. Same as tomorrow, as rain looks pretty nailed on towards the late afternoon why not just start and hour or so early? 11am seems an unnecessarily late start anyhow.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Tim Paine must have got mixed up with what Smith told him to do

SS- “Right Paine, you choose BAT, if you win the toss.”

TP, “Okay, Skip, I mean Steve”

TP, walking out, talking to self, “Must bat, must bat, must bat,”

Referee at toss, “Call!”

TP, “Bowl”

D’oh.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Go hard and play aggressive, can’t afford to waste time in this match if we want to win, get 300 or so on the board and then bowl at them tomorrow in mixed & windy conditions.

Dangerous game but feels to me like the onus has to be on us to take the game to them as it’s more important for us to win, they’d probably take a draw.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Roy gone already :nono:

0-1 (1.3 overs)

Hazlewood to Roy, OUT, edged, and gone! Doesn't take Hazlewood long to make his mark. It's short-of-a-length outside off, Roy pushing away from his body and sends a regulation edge to Paine. That's trademark stuff from Hazlewood (and, in a sense, Roy as well). To be fair, was a good delivery from Hazlewood but exposes that technique of Roy.

JJ Roy c †Paine b Hazlewood 0 (3b 0x4 0x6)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hard to say after facing only 3 balls but he looked just wrong to me.

Yep, thing is with Roy I said during the last test, either tell him to go out there and be aggressive and go for his shots or don’t play him at all, he doesn’t have the defensive technique to play the way he’s trying too and you lose all his actual qualities if he plays the way he currently is.

Or find a proper opener and send him in at 4 or 5, that’s what I’d prefet

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
From CricViz Analyst:

Jason Roy has edged or missed 29% of the balls he's faced in Test cricket. In the last 12 months, only one Test opener (min 3 matches) has a higher false shot percentage. #Ashes

100% today:

1.3 Hazlewood to Roy, OUT, edged, and gone! Doesn't take Hazlewood long to make his mark. It's short-of-a-length outside off, Roy pushing away from his body and sends a regulation edge to Paine.
1.2 Hazlewood to Roy, no run, that's a ripper as it nips away off the seam from back of a length, climbs nicely past the outside edge
1.1 Hazlewood to Roy, no run, well, that's a interesting start from Roy as he slashes over the top of a short, wide delivery and doesn't make contact

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here