Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Second Ashes Test - Lord's 14th-18th August 2019

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our chance of leveling the series went with the dropped catch by Roy. Coupled with his poor batting should he be dropped for the next test and if so who could replace him?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Worldy catch by Denly....6 down

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Our chance of leveling the series went with the dropped catch by Roy. Coupled with his poor batting should he be dropped for the next test and if so who could replace him?

Dont you usually recommend Trescothic

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unchanged team for 3rd test on Thuirsday. The only possible change I would have made if he was up to it, or has done it before, was Denly to open with Burns instead of Roy. Bairstow up to No 3 with Root at 4 and bring in Sam Curran extra bowler who can also bat.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Unchanged team for 3rd test on Thuirsday. The only possible change I would have made if he was up to it, or has done it before, was Denly to open with Burns instead of Roy. Bairstow up to No 3 with Root at 4 and bring in Sam Curran extra bowler who can also bat.

So, unchanged, with the exception of changes for Roy, Denly, Bairstow, Root and Curran.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It is an unchanged team BUT I would have made those changes but I am not a selector. some people:ffsparr:

Unchanged squad of 12, team announced on day of play.

I think shifting Roy would be wise, though annoying. He showed in the Ireland test he didn't have the patience or skill against the swinging ball to open in test match cricket.

Shame, I actually thought he'd do alright.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Most of your comments regarding cricket, prove you have very limited knowledge of cricket, yet you come out with some almost valid selections.
So are you just winding up, those that have some cricket knowledge.....or are you reading Micheal Vaughans paper column or an on-line blog by another ex player
to arrive at this selection and pretending its your thoughts.

My guess is the second option.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Purely my own opinion having watched the game for many years but not having the technical knowledge of the experts on here. I am not sure whether or not Denly has ever opened. I have my own opinions on both football and cricket and take little or no notice of so called experts and pundits,.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It is an unchanged team BUT I would have made those changes but I am not a selector. some people:ffsparr:

How it can be an “Unchanged Team” if you have Curran coming in?! Maybe you mean ‘unchanged squad’? Or, maybe you don’t actually know what you mean?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Purely my own opinion having watched the game for many years but not having the technical knowledge of the experts on here. I am not sure whether or not Denly has ever opened. I have my own opinions on both football and cricket and take little or no notice of so called experts and pundits,.

See you've done it again.....Denly opened for Kent for ages.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Bairstow can’t bat at 3.... too much to keep wicket and bat there, plus he is another like Roy who struggles against the new ball.

I’d like to see Sam Curran in the team, but at the expense of another batsman in Roy would mean another player in the side who can ‘bat a bit’.

Denly to open is a decent idea however, but I’d swap him and Roy. Roy has never opened in red ball cricket for Surrey and would be far more comfortable batting at 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here