Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Second Ashes Test - Lord's 14th-18th August 2019

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
There were two noises and the Umpire wasn’t sure. You don’t give it out if you are not sure. Anyway that’s what VAR is for!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There were two noises. He must’ve thought it was bat then pad.

The only possible excuse was hearing the noise of the bat grounding thinking inside edge

The most plumb LBW I have seen for a while

There were two noises and the Umpire wasn’t sure. You don’t give it out if you are not sure. Anyway that’s what VAR is for!

Fair enough - I'm watching in the office on the sly, with no sound!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Rain stopped play, so...

LUNCH Day 3: Australia 80/4 trail ENG by 178 runs with 6 wickets remaining

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A good day's play for England, still some hope left in the match if we can skittle them for less than 180 or so.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not looking good.

Latest on cricinfo: 2.40pm: The rubbish weather has "properly settled in" at Lord's, according to Miller.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As was said on TV about VAR it matters not whether it is an inch or mm the rule is rigid and should be applied accordingly or changed.

Once again demonstrating that you simply don't understand cricket, or its laws, BG.

The 'rule' in this instance, is categorically not 'rigid'. My whole point was that due to the (non-rigid peculiarity of) Umpire's Call, the decision would have remained OUT, had it been an inch closer to pitching in line with the leg stump, even though the point of contact with the ground were demonstrably outside the line (and thus, by the laws, NOT OUT).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not looking good.

Latest on cricinfo: 2.40pm: The rubbish weather has "properly settled in" at Lord's, according to Miller.

Eh ? It was widely reported that the weather would end play for the day about 1.00pm, it shouldn't be a surprise. Hence my post " A good day's play for England" .

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Eh ? It was widely reported that the weather would end play for the day about 1.00pm, it shouldn't be a surprise. Hence my post " A good day's play for England" .

Not widely enough to reach me obviously :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once again demonstrating that you simply don't understand cricket, or its laws, BG.

The 'rule' in this instance, is categorically not 'rigid'. My whole point was that due to the (non-rigid peculiarity of) Umpire's Call, the decision would have remained OUT, had it been an inch closer to pitching in line with the leg stump, even though the point of contact with the ground were demonstrably outside the line (and thus, by the laws, NOT OUT).

My point was that it didnt matter whether it pitched where it did or an inch closer is immaterial as where it pitched it was not out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here