Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is definitely not the case. In the lounge I was in at Spurs, the wifi was quicker than I get it through my broadband at home!
    Actually yes I forgot about Spurs new ground, but they are one of a very small minority

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      I am interested in what information they can give that wouldnít be as obvious on a stream or live match. Care to enlighten me?

I donít understand why it is considered a problem if people pass info from grounds, itís not like they can influence what is going on on the pitch?

Clearly Iím missing something.
      Presumably the news story about a Hull fan being ordered to stop sending texts during a match recently passed you by? Discussed in this thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ed-for-texting
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BNthree View Post
      Presumably the news story about a Hull fan being ordered to stop sending texts during a match recently passed you by? Discussed in this thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ed-for-texting
      Nope, I did see it but I still don’t understand what it is he could have been doing or could have seen that could possibly have any influence on what was going on the pitch.

To put it another way what possible benefit would I have by being at a match that is going to net me or anybody else money on a bet? Just one example would be good?
      Last edited by Icy Gull; 14-08-2019 at 14:45.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
      What do you need it for, out of interest?
      These days - everything. Not having decent wifi is tin-pot.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by oneillco View Post
      These days - everything. Not having decent wifi is tin-pot.
      Yeah, it makes us look like Reading ffs

It needs sorting!

0 Not allowed!
      Nope, I did see it but I still don’t understand what it is he could have been doing or could have seen that could possibly have any influence on what was going on the pitch.

To put it another way what possible benefit would I have by being at a match that is going to net me or anybody else money on a bet? Just one example would be good?
      I dunno as I don't bet but it isn't about influencing the activity on the pitch and instead gaining some sort of knowledge to influence spot betting (such as time of first sub or something). Really you'd need the people that made the rule to explain why and I doubt they're regulars on NSC.

0 Not allowed!
      Won't be needed soon with 5G anyway.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

1 Not allowed!

Quite simply, its timing.

Someone sending an SMS text notification of an event in a game can be slightly ahead of when it 'officially' goes out as an update to the betting sites. So I could be sat there with a bet primed on my computer that there's going to be a red card in the game. Matey at the game texts that someone has just been sent off, and BOOM, hit click, get that bet on a FRACTION before the news has been cascaded and updated onto all the betting sites, and see the bet pay off.

Highly unethical of course. It makes me feel SO sorry for those poor bookies, it really does.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Quite simply, its timing.

Someone sending an SMS text notification of an event in a game can be slightly ahead of when it 'officially' goes out as an update to the betting sites. So I could be sat there with a bet primed on my computer that there's going to be a red card in the game. Matey at the game texts that someone has just been sent off, and BOOM, hit click, get that bet on a FRACTION before the news has been cascaded and updated onto all the betting sites, and see the bet pay off.

Highly unethical of course. It makes me feel SO sorry for those poor bookies, it really does.
      Hmm, a bet placed AFTER the real time sending off would be paid out? You surprise me, but I really do know feck all about betting.

2 Not allowed!
      Hmm, a bet placed AFTER the real time sending off would be paid out? You surprise me, but I really do know feck all about betting.
      I wouldn't pretend to know the technicalties behind how it is achieved, but its not much of a stretch to consider computerised algorithms set up to instantly exploit split-second events via a text. The betting companies are clearly spooked enough by this to be putting 'heavies' into stadiums to nab anyone they suspect of providing live in-game updates that can be exploited in this way.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"