Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New and improved WiFi at amex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
WiFi is usually just about OK in WSL. It was excellent for a while but that was only because we did the tour and took the access code from the press room. ******** changed it though at some point :D:D:D

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Doubly weird then as I am in the family stand directly underneath you. Connecting to the cloud has occasionally been patchy but usually works and my 4g is sufficient for the app although doesn't often work on social media (no great loss there). Let's hope the new wifi is much improved then if @Guinessboy and you are having problems.
I think it is all to do where the wifi repeaters are - in the "bowl" they are on the edges of the roofing, and ESU (for example) can tend to be a LONG way from these. I've sat in most areas of the ground and it is very, very variable. As is the quality of the tannoy - maybe it's my cloth ears but a number of areas, the sound is terrible. Almost impossible to make out interviews, for example, not helped by echoes.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
LIke others I use it prematch to check twitter, maybe put some last minute bets on, then check twitter and bets at half time (which is practically impossible to do whether I'm in WSU or ESL), then when queuing up for the bus there is no signal at all, I get the wifi won't reach where the busses are but I thought the 4G signal would be ok, but it's shite.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
get 4g on o2 , cant say ever use regularly though.

Sometimes check a bet

Can get 4g in my ESU seat most of the time..well enough to get score notifications to my watch from the bbc website..but nothing on the concourse when it would be good to get on NSC to see all those instructive comments on why the team isn’t winning 10/0 :whistle:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have a 'friend' in Asia, well I say friend, they contacted me online, anyway they are avid Albion fans and love all aspects of the game. They wanted me to send them live details of the game, who was passing forward, who looked like being substituted etc etc. For this I have to have ultra fast speeds as they insist on getting the information faster than anyone else, seems they like to brag down the pub or so they said. So if the WiFi is improved they'll be happy.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
WiFi is usually just about OK in WSL. It was excellent for a while but that was only because we did the tour and took the access code from the press room. ******** changed it though at some point :D:D:D

Where did you spot that? I have done the tour 4 times and haven't ever seen it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The issue was not the wireless but the backhaul connectivity that was put in place. Not sure if it was Sky or the Club but it was woefully underspecced when originally put in

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have a 'friend' in Asia, well I say friend, they contacted me online, anyway they are avid Albion fans and love all aspects of the game. They wanted me to send them live details of the game, who was passing forward, who looked like being substituted etc etc. For this I have to have ultra fast speeds as they insist on getting the information faster than anyone else, seems they like to brag down the pub or so they said. So if the WiFi is improved they'll be happy.

Tell us more :D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
However, compared to every other premier league ground ours is by far the best, even though it appears to be rubbish.

This is definitely not the case. In the lounge I was in at Spurs, the wifi was quicker than I get it through my broadband at home!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This is definitely not the case. In the lounge I was in at Spurs, the wifi was quicker than I get it through my broadband at home!

"The Club has partnered with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to ensure our Stadium is one of the most technologically advanced in the world. It has been designed with technology incorporated into the fabric of the building to enhance the fan experience, with free high-density Wi-Fi and beacon technology. The stadium also has mobile coverage from all four major UK network providers.

Upon your first visit to the stadium, you should select the Wi-Fi network named ‘Stadium_Guest’ in your phone’s settings that will then bring up a registration page – once you have accepted our terms and conditions for using the Wi-Fi, you are then automatically connected.

Once connected, if you have not already done so, download the Spurs Official app to make the most of your experience at the stadium. You will then be able to navigate around the stadium using the app’s wayfinding technology.

There are over 1,600 wireless access points that provide the stadium with 100% mobile coverage - that allows 65% of our matchday attendees to simultaneously stream live video.

We have beacons in our concourses and premium hospitality areas that allow us to send those using our app location-specific offers and services, enhancing your matchday experience.

Our data centre is visible to fans in the North-West Corner of Level 1, publicly displaying the power of the technology that is transforming the stadium experience."

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Anyone know when 5G is due to hit Brighton? We are not a city currently advertised by EE or VF. A little surprising as I thought SUni were a tech leader in this space.
The Amex would be an obvious early choice for 5G - I know phones need to catch up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed, I'm only using the Sky Sports App for Premier League scores but no chance.

I've got two free apps; Skores and Goalalert, both of which do score updates quite well. You can pick favourites so you're not getting all the matches.
They come in as notifications, but in the app there are line ups and stats.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will help the people giving information to betting syndicates :whistle:

I am interested in what information they can give that wouldn’t be as obvious on a stream or live match. Care to enlighten me?

I don’t understand why it is considered a problem if people pass info from grounds, it’s not like they can influence what is going on on the pitch? :shrug:

Clearly I’m missing something.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I am interested in what information they can give that wouldn’t be as obvious on a stream or live match. Care to enlighten me?

I don’t understand why it is considered a problem if people pass info from grounds, it’s not like they can influence what is going on on the pitch? :shrug:

No idea I don't bet

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Did nobody ever think of jotting down the 'Press' wi-fi code whilst doing the stadium tour, then using it all season for superfast broadband to their seat after logging in as a reporter whilst everyone else struggled to download anything more then a stick man doing star jumps on their Noddy-Fi?

I certainly didn't. :whistle:

Edit : Looks like someone else had the same idea. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here