Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: King Alfred

Formerly the nice bit in Hove, now Caroline Lucas territory

King Alfred

1 Not allowed!
    https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1783...-regeneration/

Really disappointing news that Crest have pulled out of this development. The King Alfred project was not perfect but the facilities are not fit for purpose. We deserve better. What makes matters worse is our wet Council not signing a contract. Agree with the councillor - heads need to roll from the Labour Councillors.

Our City deserves much better.

Rant over.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve Foster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Really disappointing news that Crest have pulled out of this development. The King Alfred project was not perfect but the facilities are not fit for purpose. We deserve better. What makes matters worse is our wet Council not signing a contract. Agree with the councillor - heads need to roll from the Labour Councillors.

Rant over.
      It’s a shame the Tory party put a stop to the Gehry project, wasting around 5m of tax payers money in the process. Pure politics and waste over common sense.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve Foster View Post

Rant over.
      Just looked at what you have written in your "location". Are you upset about the development falling through, or are you looking to use this to make a political point? If so what would you have done differently?
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      To think we could have had an iconic Frank Gehry landmark building on that site years ago. Stupid parochial bastids
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I find this stuff confusing.

We need a new swimming pool in Brighton.
      To do that we need, whatever, 55 storys of flats above them ... okay
      Now the current King Alfred or the Prince Regent, or any other swimming pool i've been to, don't have a tonne of flats above them, so how did they ever get built?

(Please note, this is rhetorical)

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      To think we could have had an iconic Frank Gehry landmark building on that site years ago. Stupid parochial bastids
      Agree. You have the Tories to blame for this. Utter scum bags putting their prehistoric ideology over common sense.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      King Alfred

King of Wessex from 871 to c. 886 and King of the Anglo-Saxons from c. 886 to 899. Let them cakes burn !!

1 Not allowed!
      Blimey the King Alfred! Aunt Nora up in the balcony seats. Me diving off the board as close to the edge as I could get because I couldn't swim. Hot chocolate and a donought after in the crap cafe. That is quite a nostalgia fest.

4 Not allowed!
      £4m tax payers money wasted.

Why don't they just build a swimming pool without having to shoehorn in 500 houses. Adur council managed to in Worthing a couple of years ago.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Name:  02B1A782-CBB7-4E34-BDD6-E24F00B244D5.jpeg
Views: 803
Size:  17.5 KB

Two Victorian women walking along the Prom my arse.

The Gehry plot was to get high density housing on a small plot. Never liked the design and very dated now without being exposed to the sea for the last 10 years.

The project fell through because ING Real Estate went bust in 2008 bank crisis and Hove Grammar Boy Josh Arghiros couldn’t find an oil Sheikh prepared to fund the KARIS project.