Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worthing FC v Lewes 7.45 p.m tonight.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Checking the twitter feeds, I see that the second yellow shown to the Lewes player was for a challenge on Worthing's (our) keeper Rees, but it seems there were different interpretations from the Worthing and Lewes' Chairman's perspective!

[TWEET]1161360135224250368[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1161360822997831680[/TWEET]
Amazing the difference in perspective! The Lewes player had poked the ball too far ahead and lost control and it was always the keepers ball. Was a nasty challenge and could have been a straight red.

This took place on the goal line about where the 6 yard box line joins so, not much chance of a genuine goal opportunity, just nasty.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Should be a reasonable crowd. Taking my Brighton season ticket along in the hope of half price entry. Which they offered last season!

The concession is now just £2 off with your Albion ST, better than nothing I guess.

How did Worthing's goalkeeper (our very own Roco Rees) perform?

He made two outstanding saves towards the end of the 2nd half, looked very promising.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Checking the twitter feeds, I see that the second yellow shown to the Lewes player was for a challenge on Worthing's (our) keeper Rees, but it seems there were different interpretations from the Worthing and Lewes' Chairman's perspective!

Looking at that and the comment further down, then watching the video, I would suggest that none of them are correct. This still shows the lad trying to pull the ball back. He then collides with the keeper who takes a full whack. Yellow probably just about the right call for being out of control but all 3 options could be argued.

worthing.png

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He's a great lad is Roco, I know him and his family very well, he's focused and a great prospect for the future. Only at Worthing for a month I believe.

My lad also watches The Rebels when he's not watching The Albion, don't get down there myself preferring to watch the mighty Mullets in Arundel!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
He's a great lad is Roco, I know him and his family very well, he's focused and a great prospect for the future. Only at Worthing for a month I believe.

Worth bearing in mind that Rocco is only 17! Doing that well against a team of men is impressive. Think the loan was 6 weeks but it could well have started 2 weeks ago. Only got loaned as the Albion Academy was going to loan out one of the U23 keepers but he broke a finger so couldn't play.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Worth bearing in mind that Rocco is only 17! Doing that well against a team of men is impressive. Think the loan was 6 weeks but it could well have started 2 weeks ago. Only got loaned as the Albion Academy was going to loan out one of the U23 keepers but he broke a finger so couldn't play.

Agreed, merely saying a "great prospect".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here