Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Alan Partridge , new series saved by Crawley magistrate .

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
OK, that’s all right then.. if he was that bothered about the employment of the crew etc, he would have kept to the speed limit.
Magistrate should have deferred the ban and kept it to six months if he wanted to help him out.
Bloke is a Twonk!

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
Bit too much for him to employ a driver for a few months? Life's hardly a financial struggle for him is it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
OK, that’s all right then.. if he was that bothered about the employment of the crew etc, he would have kept to the speed limit.
Magistrate should have deferred the ban and kept it to six months if he wanted to help him out.
Bloke is a Twonk!

Especially as it's not the first time he's been done for speeding .... he's an utter dick.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If that was any ordinary Joe Bloggs, who needed the car to get to work I am sure they would not have been so lenient. One rule for one

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think the biggest concern is that most of his offences appear to occur in 30mph zones, where he is most likely to come into contact with a pedestrian. Blatant disregard for safety of others!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If that was any ordinary Joe Bloggs, who needed the car to get to work I am sure they would not have been so lenient. One rule for one

I've sat on plenty of "Joe Bloggs" cases where exceptional hardship has been argued, accepted and a disqualification avoided. It should be noted that the same argument cannot be put forward again if he gets another speeding ticket (or maybe I should say "when" as he seems unable to read a speedometer).

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Bit too much for him to employ a driver for a few months? Life's hardly a financial struggle for him is it.

I think the issue is his character is often in the car, right?

He could’ve written that into the narrative though, had his PA drive him around or that Geordie bloke from the hotel?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
There is something unapologetically bellendish about celebs in particular who think they are a law unto themselves. One would hope, on this occasion, that it is a final warning and it is on his hands if a number of people are unemployed thanks to his cocky wheelmanship next time around. I doubt that would bring about a huge change in character, but his carefree egotism is something he's looked to mock as well as be, and a tad of self-analysis might be strengthening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here