Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Peanut Butter Sandwiches - how do you like yours?

To butter or not to butter?

• Add that buttery goodness

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • Butter the bread? Are you mad?!

Votes: 25 30.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
No, not a thread about whether you prefer crunchy or smooth peanut butter (crunchy is the only answer btw) or whether you take the American line of adding 'jelly' to it.

I was making a peanut butter sandwich for my lunch at the office yesterday when a colleague said to me 'oh you're one of those extravagant people who butters their bread as well as putting peanut butter on it'.

In my view, the sandwich is enhanced by the addition of a layer of butter on the bread and don't feel that I am doubling up on the filling.

So, how do you like yours?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Peanut free.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Never have butter in sandwiches. Salad cream, mayo, brown sauce or tartare sauce (depending on filling) does the job for me.

So no, I would not put butter alongside peanut butter in a peanut butter sandwich.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
No, not a thread about whether you prefer crunchy or smooth peanut butter (crunchy is the only answer btw) or whether you take the American line of adding 'jelly' to it.

I was making a peanut butter sandwich for my lunch at the office yesterday when a colleague said to me 'oh you're one of those extravagant people who butters their bread as well as putting peanut butter on it'.

In my view, the sandwich is enhanced by the addition of a layer of butter on the bread and don't feel that I am doubling up on the filling.

So, how do you like yours?

Not butter, but a low fat, low calorie, health conscious spread.

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
brown bread with seeds - toasted
buttered
crunchy peanut butter
encona west indian hot sauce
smash together
if feeling fancy add some sliced mature cheddar cheese

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here