Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great analysis in today's Telegraph

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This is tough as on the one hand I really honestly don't want to kick the wasps nest.
But I also would love to hear the reaction of our very very vocal #TeamHughton supporters after reading that piece.

The #TeamHughton supporters are in general #TeamPotter supporters too.

The difference being that #TeamHughton Supporters will probably remain #TeamPotter supporters should the club go through another run of disappointing results.
I for one won't be making any I told you so comments if/when that does happen.

In general I am in awe of Tony Bloom and the club for having made a difficult decision and apparently have lined up a manager capable of moving the club forward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The difference being that #TeamHughton Supporters will probably remain #TeamPotter supporters should the club go through another run of disappointing results.

In general I am in awe of Tony Bloom and the club for having made a difficult decision and apparently have lined up a manager capable of moving the club forward.

Hmmmm, many may well be now, t'is amazing what a 0-3 win can do for the soul.

But there's been an awful lot of "big mistake" comments on here all summer and not just TSB and The Trolls.
Many a learned scholar has been up in arms about the change (I have been both pragmatically happy and sad) and haven't held back in telling all that we were doomed to failure.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Quite right. I was TeamHughton, was shocked/surprised at his departure, but appreciated why fairly quickly and am now excitedly TeamPotter, and will give him the same loyalty as I have CH.

Exciting times, which may end up being a bumpy ride, but.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Talking of which has anyone heard from TSB since the final whistle on Saturday. :lolol:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We have played just one game and the media are on us. If we lose against WH on Saturday they will be analysing what went wrong. All games start 0 0 and other teams have their plans as well, most with better or at least more experienced individual players. Sooooo much hype around these days.

Great to win away 3 0 and a really good start but that is all it is. Let's see how we deal with WH (a game we won last year).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Too much detail for my liking in that article, that will be put up all over the WHU training ground today.

Yeah I heard all serious PL teams do their analysis on opponents by reading the papers..

Reckon if this one journalist can work this out then their analysis team and coaches probably have as well.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We have played just one game and the media are on us. If we lose against WH on Saturday they will be analysing what went wrong. All games start 0 0 and other teams have their plans as well, most with better or at least more experienced individual players. Sooooo much hype around these days.

Great to win away 3 0 and a really good start but that is all it is. Let's see how we deal with WH (a game we won last year).

Yep, a little like the pundits and Norwich on Friday. Much praise for their adventure and then when a below par unlucky Liverpool scored a few they were condemning then for their naivety

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I'd like to see a dodecahedron myself

quite right, I don't like this lack of ambition. Triangle nonsense between 3 players. We have a TEAM of 11, they should all be involved - total football.

Imagine a fiery phoenix formation from Battle of the Planets

ff.jpg

or better the might ducks V formation - It won them the game so its proven!

md32.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Hughton always opted for a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1".

Really?
Just started reading and came to post the same. Given that start I'm not sure it's worth reading any more.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Too much detail for my liking in that article, that will be put up all over the WHU training ground today.

I mean it’s not like the WHU manager or coaches have access to the video footage is it? But I get what you mean.

If WHU spend too much time nullifying our tactics that will present opportunities for us to exploit and unlike CH I expect GP to have plans B, C and possibly D to switch to.

Sometimes within five minutes of a game starting under CH you could see it was going to be stalemate or the definition of insanity (trying the same thing over and over and over yet expecting a different result) but for whatever reason he couldn’t.

As nice as he was etc etc that was his failing and credit TB for seeing it as well and acting.

And yes I fully expect GP to not get it right all the time but I feel so much happier having someone at the helm who can be proactive as well as reactive.

so do you think Montoya playing a sort of Knockaert role worked? You could argue that nobody deserves to be dropped on that performance but wonder is Potter will play tossard at home - he did well in the few preseason games he played.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Exactly. It's not my job to sack managers, it's my job to support whichever manager Bloom employs, and likewise to support whichever players that manager selects.

If the appointment of Potter doesn't work out, c'est la vie, but Bloom has done what he thought was right for the club, and I'll support Potter and co as long as they're here.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I like the idea that when there are 4 players near the ball this is a diamond, and incredibly when only 3, this then forms a triangle. A fantastic piece of analysis, I hope no one else susses this out. I'm looking forward to the pentagon.

There was a pentagon in there but the journalist described it as two diamonds...

I'm a purist, a nice clean pentagon with no overlapping. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1161239093277319168[/tweet]

phoenix

May 18, 2009
This is tough as on the one hand I really honestly don't want to kick the wasps nest.
But I also would love to hear the reaction of our very very vocal #TeamHughton supporters after reading that piece.

I will help you kick the wasps nest if you like !

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Its just the fact we proved we can play, whatever happens next. We can do it and we have done it ! I (Chris Hughton great manager, respect :bowdown: ) But Mr Potte,r well done sir !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here