Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great analysis in today's Telegraph

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Outstanding work

“Dunk strides to the centre-circle as Watford retreat, and surprises the world with a god-level defence splitting pass”.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
When talking about the 3rd goal.... 'Anyone who says they knew Lewis Dunk could make this kind of pass is liar'.

Not true, most Brighton fans know he can hit those types of balls.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Too much detail for my liking in that article, that will be put up all over the WHU training ground today.

I was thinking the same, however, GP's reputation comes with being able to adapt and change constantly. If a team comes along with a good plan to nullify what we saw on Saturday I fully expect us to pull another formation out of the hat and have them chasing shadows again. It won't always work but I can't remember being more excited about a manager in my lifetime.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What do I know, I thought we played mainly 4-4-1-1 under CH in the PL, but I clearly haven't been watching us for the last two seasons as we have been playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 according to the article

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Too much detail for my liking in that article, that will be put up all over the WHU training ground today.

It's one thing knowing about it, but stopping it is something completely different.

As the article says teams will figure that system out, although it's doubtful one will be West Ham with just 7 days notice.

Gotta wonder what them up the road think about that, as they applaud like seals the 'give the ball to Wilf' approach to coaching.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Lovely we're getting a bit of attention, really interesting analysis too; their podcast was a good listen, focusing on how despite we had bought players, our old guard showed that a change in tactics and formation bought the best out of them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#OverTheRadar :eek:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What do I know, I thought we played mainly 4-4-1-1 under CH in the PL, but I clearly haven't been watching us for the last two seasons as we have been playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 according to the article

Yep, total crap.

We all know it was 9-0-1 (reverting to 10-0-0 when defending)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Blimey a journalist who actually watched the game and reported on what he saw, how unusual.

Well done him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is tough as on the one hand I really honestly don't want to kick the wasps nest.
But I also would love to hear the reaction of our very very vocal #TeamHughton supporters after reading that piece.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here