Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] I don't usually praise Co-Op, but...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This is pleasing but I'll always find Co-Op baffling because:

They have some sort of mad, laser accurate algorithm that means you can never find what you need, no matter how simple or obscure it is.

They ran a veggie tent at Glastonbury one year where they gave away Wine Gums.

They did wildly inappropriate goodie bags for runners at Parkrun (actually quite nice, included posh cooking oil)

They threw away massive amounts of food every day on London Road

*wanders off to shout at cloud*

And their till system.. and their queuing system! Just never seems to work, and how can they refurbish, redesign - and still make it worse?? Every time.

Love them though and [MENTION=139]Jam The Man[/MENTION] is right, those salt & vinegar crips are fantastic.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Gasping, I got off the train from Plymouth to Paddington, I went straight the bar on the upper concourse where someone stupidly asked me for £8 for a pint of Cornish ale (Tribute)
I picked myself up off the floor and told him to put it back in the barrel.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Asda were doing a 10 pack of Stella last week at 3 packs for £21. They usually cost £10 for ten, so why wouldn't you buy the extra ten for a quid?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They often do a decent £5 deal - this is the current deal... unbelievable value for the price of the items, even in ASDA usually

a156b3f96e620e763cb58d03bf055412.jpg

I'm lactose intolerant. And intolerant. So I'm out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gasping, I got off the train from Plymouth to Paddington, I went straight the bar on the upper concourse where someone stupidly asked me for £8 for a pint of Cornish ale (Tribute)
I picked myself up off the floor and told him to put it back in the barrel.

Christ. You can get a s*** and a f*** for less than that in Faversham. And change for a couple of pints and a taxi home.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Ok in keeping with the theme of incredibly dull posts.

I was in BP today needing to break down £10 for some change I owed Lil Miss Stat.

I thought I'd get a can of fizzy pop, and almost swooned to the floor as diet coke was £1.09 a can.
By now I'd committed to the idea, and shuffled off to the till.

At the till was a coke promotion - Buy 1 x 4 pack, get 1 free, save £2.79.

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I had quite a long 'Homer Simpson dental plan' moment before returning my 1 can for £1.09 and swapping it for 8 cans for just £1.70 more.

Shame Coke is so bad for you..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here