Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] I don't usually praise Co-Op, but...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1200x676_SupersaverDeal-Burger.jpg

£3.50 for 4 burgers and 4 Beaters - ridiculous. Just had one of the burgers with a spot of lettuce, raw red onion, cheddar and a splash of relish, and it bloody hit the spot.

This won't win Thread of the Year, and I'm very much prepared for the Cool Story Bro's. But I felt this was worth bringing to the attention of the class. £3.50 ? Its not even a PINT.

Blimey.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

£3.50 for 4 burgers and 4 Beaters - ridiculous. Just had one of the burgers with a spot of lettuce, raw red onion, cheddar and a splash of relish, and it bloody hit the spot.

This won't win Thread of the Year, and I'm very much prepared for the Cool Story Bro's. But I felt this was worth bringing to the attention of the class. £3.50 ? Its not even a PINT.

Blimey.

Ok in keeping with the theme of incredibly dull posts.

I was in BP today needing to break down £10 for some change I owed Lil Miss Stat.

I thought I'd get a can of fizzy pop, and almost swooned to the floor as diet coke was £1.09 a can.
By now I'd committed to the idea, and shuffled off to the till.

At the till was a coke promotion - Buy 1 x 4 pack, get 1 free, save £2.79.

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I had quite a long 'Homer Simpson dental plan' moment before returning my 1 can for £1.09 and swapping it for 8 cans for just £1.70 more.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My nearest shop is a Co op. Thanks Easy

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ok in keeping with the theme of incredibly dull posts.

I was in BP today needing to break down £10 for some change I owed Lil Miss Stat.

I thought I get a can of fizzy pop, and almost swooned to the floor as diet coke was £1.09 a can.
By now I'd committed to the idea, and shuffled off to the till.

At the till was a coke promotion - Buy 1 x 4 pack, get 1 free, save £2.79.

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I had quite a long 'Homer Simpson dental plan' moment before returning my 1 can for £1.09 and swapping it for 8 cans for just £1.70 more.

Similarly dull, I nearly swooned twice on Saturday. Once at VR, when I clocked that a 'Grab Bag' of ready salted Walkers crisps was retailing at £4.20 (did I dream that ?). And again at the Whistlestop at London Victoria, when one of those little single-portion tins of Gordons G&T that you can get in Tesco for £1.50 was in there for circa £4.39.

Both times, my shrapnel remained firmly in my pocket.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I got 4 chicken Kiev’s, 2 pints of milk, 4 large bars of chocolate, 2 cartons of micro mash 3 plug in air fresheners and a large packet of honey roasted peanuts for 16 quid this afternoon from Aldi!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Blimey.

No bun then?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My nearest shop is a Co op. Thanks Easy

Welcome.

I hasten to add, my view of Co-op is deeply jaundiced by the fact that its usually vastly overpriced in there, and they run out of EVERYTHING. Its like shopping in Chernobyl. Their bread is particularly shithouse. But for once, they actually surprised me. Outrageous value.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I got 4 chicken Kiev’s, 2 pints of milk, 4 large bars of chocolate, 2 cartons of micro mash 3 plug in air fresheners and a large packet of honey roasted peanuts for 16 quid this afternoon from Aldi!

did you spend more on air fresheners than food there?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No bun then?

Buns sold separately. But I had some in the freezer from an abandoned BBQ, so happy days.

Come on, £3.50 for 4 Beaters is pretty decent, let alone getting 4 fresh burgers lobbed in as well. And they are DECENT.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Have a Co Op opposite my flat, looking forward to their brand new range coming out this week

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They often do a decent £5 deal - this is the current deal... unbelievable value for the price of the items, even in ASDA usually

a156b3f96e620e763cb58d03bf055412.jpg

That is actually very good too. No wonder we're all so healthy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Incredibly dull #2 (on this thread)

Today me and Lil Miss popped along the coast and spent a couple of hours in Brighton.

We ended up in an 'international' pic 'n' mix sweet shop, where I convinced her to buy some

ANGLO_BUBBLY__07433.JPG

That's not the dull bit.

I was doing well, playing it cool, then noticed the 20-30 different tubs of Dutch licorice. (no me neither)
I took 2 or 3 pieces from each bin and paid my £3 something.

The problem is one of the bins was 'double salted licorice' while another was 'triple salted'.

Since then the Stat's have been playing licorice roulette - no spitsies.

I hope to god I've had 1 triple salted, it was absolute filth (not in a good way).
If that was just a double I could get done for child cruelty if one of the Jnrs strikes it really unlucky.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
This is pleasing but I'll always find Co-Op baffling because:

They have some sort of mad, laser accurate algorithm that means you can never find what you need, no matter how simple or obscure it is.

They ran a veggie tent at Glastonbury one year where they gave away Wine Gums.

They did wildly inappropriate goodie bags for runners at Parkrun (actually quite nice, included posh cooking oil)

They threw away massive amounts of food every day on London Road

*wanders off to shout at cloud*

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Aa a crisp expert, these babies from Co-Op are the best Salt ‘n’ Vinegar offering I’ve ever tasted:

E7B9853F-DFB6-4D6A-9126-CEB3EAE01D49.png

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I got a £5 'freezer filler' (or some such nonsense) deal from Co Op a while back and it included 'Alphabites'. .............and I didn't spend ages going through the bag to have naughty words with my Richmond sausages and peas ............because I am a grown up.

I still have some Ws and/or Ms left.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Co -Op is EASILY the best one to shoplift from as the staff are easily distracted by shiny objects and coarse language.

Waitrose can be quite good but the staff are so nice one must steel oneself before thieving there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here