Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Free to a good home

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Last seasons goal nets are in a skip outside the Amex ticket office at the moment. Might need to explain to security what you're doing if you're just walking around with them but if you're quick you'll be fine..

nets.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Surely they could/should donate them to a local club ? Shoreham FC youth team could use them I'm sure.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely they could/should donate them to a local club ? Shoreham FC youth team could use them I'm sure.

Fully agree with you but probably easier decision to chuck them than to work out/justify who to give them to.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sad to see it thrown in the bin (not because it's Brighton's goal netting but because of the waste). Imagine it'll be floating around in the ocean in a few years :(

el punal

Last seasons goal nets are in a skip outside the Amex ticket office at the moment. Might need to explain to security what you're doing if you're just walking around with them but if you're quick you'll be fine..

View attachment 114249

After last season I think the term “hardly used” would be appropriate. :drink:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Fully agree with you but probably easier decision to chuck them than to work out/justify who to give them to.

Hardly difficult to put any unwanted stuff on FreeCycle, any wait for someone to collect.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Hardly difficult to put any unwanted stuff on FreeCycle, any wait for someone to collect.

It's sometimes just not worth it....

I run an electronics forum (putting it basically, but it's a bit more glam than that..) and offered a few fairly rare and valuable spare parts, for free.

First up, it's the 'I want them posting to Indonesia / Australia / Europe etc' - then they don't refund you the postage, never mind the time and money you've wasted queuing at the post office, then when they fit them wrongly and damage them they ask for the postage back, you get no thanks when they do work, and you also get emails from pissed off people who are in different time zones and missed out as they were asleep...

What I'm saying is, that sometimes it can be a real hassle giving things away for free - and I've now stopped. It's not worth the hassle.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I wonder what else is in that skip. Discarded by the club.

I reckon ...
Montoya's oxygen kit "for use when nearer the opposition's goal than your own"
Pages of foolscap reading "I must pay attention when hanging about by the back post", signed L Balogun
Percy Tau's Amex car park permit
Knocky's Quick Guide To Kneeling Behind Defensive Walls

I'm sure there's more ... ��

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here