Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Caroline Lucas, sensible suggestion or sexist nonsense?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It's worth it though just for the broflake and gammon angst it's caused. A total non-starter of an idea, but good on Caroline Lucas for coming up with it and getting them really cranked, I say. It's political correctness gone mad, namby-pamby, Guardian reading, social justice warrior, virtue signalling, liberal metropolitan elitism etc. etc at it's finest.

I think very few will have got 'really cranked'.
Most people will have dismissed this 'idea' without even a shrug of the shoulders.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My understanding, reading that article and doing a bit of further reading, is that Labour are looking at how to create fairer system that stops a string of tax giveaways made by the Tories that favour the better off, in order to help fund poorer households. However, what it will mean for people living in the capital remains to be seen...

People in the capital and the of the South of England. Not everyone with a modest house is rich and in my case any inheritance that I get is likely to help my sons get on the property ladder which would otherwise be impossible. It is a tax on people in the South who already suffer from living with the conditions you previously described i.e. high house costs.

Edit. And as for tax giveaways? Not taxing people so much in a tax which is widely regarded as unfair is not in my book a giveaway.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You can carry on waiting, MR.It has been done to death on here and in most of the sensible media.
I really can't be bothered to argue with you about Corbyn and McDonnell, suffice to say, I don't want a professed Marxist as Chancellor and who states that he wants to see the overthrow of Capitalism.
As for Corbyn, do you really think he is fit to be PM of this country?

Sensible media? ??? What's that? :lol: I wouldn't trust the media's perception of Corbyn more than I'd trust what Boris Johnson says about, well, anything.

I have made my views on Corbyn pretty clear on this board before, great man, great policies but as a leader... well... I'd rather have him than the Tories at any rate. And, for what it's worth, I don't think he wants to overthrow capitalism, just this current model that has seen the already wealthy increase their vast amounts of wealth in a time when the poorest and most vulnerable in society are becoming worse off. An admiral goal IMO.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
"Why women? Because I believe women have shown they can bring a different perspective to crises, are able to reach out to those they disagree with and cooperate to find solutions,” she wrote."

This myth that women politicians are "friendlier". more compromising and whatnot - its bullshit. It was what the people of Liberia thought when they elected Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, their society would get more "fair". Same with CFK in Argentine, Dilma Rousseff in Brazil. Or ****ing Aung San Suu Kyi in Myanmar, rolling her thumbs as they commit genocide against their minorities.

People elect women because they cant imagine getting robbed by their mothers, but more often than not these women are hardliners, very authorian and very harsh on people from lower classes.

Of course there are great female politicians, but it has little to do with them being female. The myth of the "nice, emphatic friendly female leader" needs to burn in hell.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think very few will have got 'really cranked'.
Most people will have dismissed this 'idea' without even a shrug of the shoulders.

As you're a wealthy, retired, public school Tory from southern England, I'm happy to bow to your learned opinion on this matter and I thank-you for offering it.

(I also note your previous comments to another poster on this thread in regards to Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell. As you're a wealthy, retired, public school Tory from southern England you would say that, wouldn't you? Just give Mr McDonnell and Mr Corbyn what they think you owe them and don't get so worked up about them - you can afford it and you'll be fine.)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
"Why women? Because I believe women have shown they can bring a different perspective to crises, are able to reach out to those they disagree with and cooperate to find solutions,” she wrote."

She has just been owned on Radio Five. Lucas stated that she had formed this cabinet as she thought men tended to be more tribal. The interviewer asked her how many of the 10 letters had gone to women who voted leave. The answer was of course, none. The interviewer then came back with 'How is that not tribal' to which Lucas had no sensible response. She has no intention of co-operating with others with different views, she demonstrates the behaviour that she claims to eschew.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Considering Theresa May is a woman, and didn't make any progress in three years, I fail to see how Caroline Lucas justifies it.
In my opinion, it wouldn't even matter if she was right. Even if women were less tribal, we shouldn't accept sexism like that in our society, least of all in our politics.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
She has just been owned on Radio Five. Lucas stated that she had formed this cabinet as she thought men tended to be more tribal. The interviewer asked her how many of the 10 letters had gone to women who voted leave. The answer was of course, none. The interviewer then came back with 'How is that not tribal' to which Lucas had no sensible response. She has no intention of co-operating with others with different views, she demonstrates the behaviour that she claims to eschew.

Anyone high ranking in their party that voted Leave and is female are most likely a Tory, and they are full pelt at No Deal. I would question the point of sending them a letter , especially the likes of Priti ****ing Patel and Liz Truss.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
On the face of it perhaps sexist and silly but there are a couple of clues in the article which might explain. It would be sensible in the real world if the alliance was Green's, Liberals, SNP and Labour but if that was to happen then leadership(?) would probably default to Jezza and that would be the kiss of death. This strategy side steps that and whilst Thornberry is not my cup of tea she certainly has shown that Labours current position is untenable.

So perhaps the Green party or more so Caroline Lucas has woken up and lost some of its/her naivety and innocence and realises that to compete with the bunch of sh*ts that is the ERG you have to act like one as well at times. So I am in agreement with anything that stops this break neck race to ruin Britain by the right wing nationalists (excluding supporting Jezza).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone high ranking in their party that voted Leave and is female are most likely a Tory, and they are full pelt at No Deal. I would question the point of sending them a letter , especially the likes of Priti ****ing Patel and Liz Truss.

The same could be said about the people who she has sent invitations to. She admitted the purpose is to stop Brexit. She (and they) are just as intractable and it is laughable for her to suggest that she is working on a solution and wants to compromise. She is a liar.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
People in the capital and the of the South of England. Not everyone with a modest house is rich and in my case any inheritance that I get is likely to help my sons get on the property ladder which would otherwise be impossible. It is a tax on people in the South who already suffer from living with the conditions you previously described i.e. high house costs.

Edit. And as for tax giveaways? Not taxing people so much in a tax which is widely regarded as unfair is not in my book a giveaway.

I empathise, I really do. The high cost of housing in Sussex is the exact reason I moved to the Midlands. However, one the biggest issues of fairness in society is inherited wealth, this policy just aims to level down the pitch a bit as the new system means it's harder to avoid LGT, whereas IHT can be if you're "well prepared".

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
As you're a wealthy, retired, public school Tory from southern England, I'm happy to bow to your learned opinion on this matter and I thank-you for offering it.

(I also note your previous comments to another poster on this thread in regards to Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell. As you're a wealthy, retired, public school Tory from southern England you would say that, wouldn't you? Just give Mr McDonnell and Mr Corbyn what they think you owe them and don't get so worked up about them - you can afford it and you'll be fine.)

Sussex, my man, you presume too much. What gave you the impression I was rich? However, carry on with whatever you are doing and I am glad to hear you appear to know your place.
As for Corbyn and McDonnell, I trust they will never get near the levers of power and so I am hoping that I never have to give to give them anything.
PS. Thank heavens we have a very rich owner of the Albion and, if I may offer my learned opinion again, I reckon Uncle Tony may not be too keen on the likes of the Marxist Brothers ,either.:thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

The point is, she's asking to form a "national unity government".

How can it be a uniting when she hasn't invited anyone from the leave side of the debate?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here