Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Caroline Lucas, sensible suggestion or sexist nonsense?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Calling a well respected member of the house of commons a liar I would suggest is getting upset. You obviously feel calling someone a liar is just normal self assuring debate?

She is a liar as her claims were clearly untrue. I think she is no different to Johnson or Corbyn or the leader of the lib dems whose name escapes me. They are all liars as far as I am concerned. I don't feel angry though, I accept that sadly, most politicians are incapable of compromise and that is one reason that we are in the mess we are in.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes. Indeed. It just annoys me when gammon claim 51% of the British People voted for Brexit (and hard brexit, to boot). Like that very 'fact' justifies their position.

I have no problem with first past the post winner taking all with 51%, on a voter turnout of 65%. It is very sad, but so it goes. The electorate always get what they deserve, and deserve what they get. Even if they were lied to.

But....I have a problem with folk saying that with such an outcome, the decision must be upheld. This was an advisory, and indeed shambolic referendum. By all means let's hard Brexit, if that is the way the wind is blowing, but FFS people suggesting it is an immutable God-given destiny that must not be gainsayed or else the streets will run red with the blood of foreigners and lefties . . . . spare me.

Brexit won't affect me - I am 61, have a great pension, money in the bank, no mortgage.....If I were mischievous I'd be out there campaigning for hard brexit and banging the Boris drum, just for the pleasure of seeing the smiles wiped off the faces of all the deluded working class Brexit supporters when their things curl up like a plate of lettuce in the Californian sun after we drop out of the arse of the EU like an unregarded turd of yesterday's unremarkable lunch.

I largely concur, but I will say that although the referendum was advisory, it was held with a clear understanding that its result would be respected which was upheld by both votes in the House and also manifesto pledges by the significant parties. But Brexit is tiresome to argue about, I wish the referendum had never happened.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
She is a liar as her claims were clearly untrue. I think she is no different to Johnson or Corbyn or the leader of the lib dems whose name escapes me. They are all liars as far as I am concerned. I don't feel angry though, I accept that sadly, most politicians are incapable of compromise and that is one reason that we are in the mess we are in.

They're not all liars, that is just populist bullshit to protect the actual liars. Lucas may be mistaken or wrong, doesn't make her a liar, just makes her wrong in your eyes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I largely concur, but I will say that although the referendum was advisory, it was held with a clear understanding that its result would be respected which was upheld by both votes in the House and also manifesto pledges by the significant parties. But Brexit is tiresome to argue about, I wish the referendum had never happened.

Yes. Agree. With all that :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's funny, but I was talking only yesterday with a couple of fellow republicans, and one said "Do you know? I've been an ardent, hard-line republican almost all of my life, and yet if Donald announced today: 'Sod all this you're all a shower of shit, I'm outta here - I wouldn't say a word against it. We disagreed with him obviously.

I knew eventually Trump would start pissing his own supporters off!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thing is, when you are auditioning for power you are basically demonstrating that you have the potential to exercise good judgement.

"Caroline, love, would you make us a cup of tea?"

"Sure, my lovely."

Twenty minutes later:

"**** me Caroline, this tastes really really nasty. What the actual **** is this?"

"Well, my lover, we are a bit tired of actual tea, so I tried something different. Ants. It's boiled ants."

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They're not all liars, that is just populist bullshit to protect the actual liars. Lucas may be mistaken or wrong, doesn't make her a liar, just makes her wrong in your eyes.

How kind of you to tell me what I think. Very convenient and time saving.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've not told you what to think, I've told you my opinion. You can't counter it with anything but sarcasm because it's essentially right.
You told me, once you'd explained where I was wrong, that i thought Lucas was wrong.

I do not think that, I believe she is a liar. Don't worry though, she joins a long list of political liars, it's a fine tradition.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The truth is it is a bit of both and its there to ensure Jezza is excluded from any alliance. Amazing reaction from the right wing nationalists who are now worried that someone else might out bullsh*t their top bullshi*tters.

She gets my vote.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So loving all this Brexit now! If the reports are true and Boris is honest the melt down on here is going to be beautiful. I have already ordered the popcorn.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Here's the letter.

The original vote delivered an outcome she doesn't agree with. Why is she still campaigning for a second referendum?

If Kate Hoey wasn't standing down, would Caroline Lucas being inviting her along for discussions I wonder. I doubt it somehow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here