Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Caroline Lucas, sensible suggestion or sexist nonsense?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
She has gone completely down in my estimation, she would rather team up with a bunch of austerity backing, lib dem frackers than support a Labour party with genuinely positive policies for the environment. I will no longer be voting for her.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Funnily enough a few days back on the Brexit thread I speculated that CL might be a long shot as the Leader of a govt of national unity. However, quite why she has boxed herself in in this way is rather odd and to me her proposition is contrived and unconvincing.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
How can it be sexist? The leaders she's calling out for are the leaders of the left leaning parties and left leaning independants . . . who are all female.

The LWAlliance have already made huge grounds to try to win any impending general election so I say left her get on with it to save the country.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
How can it be sexist? The leaders she's calling out for are the leaders of the left leaning parties and left leaning independants . . . who are all female.

The LWAlliance have already made huge grounds to try to win any impending general election so I say left her get on with it to save the country.

Because she herself claims that women have the ability to solve the political impasse purely on the basis of their gender. Read her quote in the article and substitute ‘black’, ‘white’, ‘straight’ or ‘gay’. This type of division is the last thing we need.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because she herself claims that women have the ability to solve the political impasse purely on the basis of their gender. Read her quote in the article and substitute ‘black’, ‘white’, ‘straight’ or ‘gay’. This type of division is the last thing we need.

Considering Theresa May is a woman, and didn't make any progress in three years, I fail to see how Caroline Lucas justifies it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A terrible suggestion, the menfolk have been doing a bang up job for centuries...

...oh.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unnecessarily divisive. The greens - who I thought were now the only ones worth voting for - now seem to be doing their best to join the rest of the useless idiots.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well the blokes have done a fantastic job haven't they..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Sexist if you ask me, imagine if it had been a male leader calling for the same thing in reverse.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rgency-female-cabinet-to-block-no-deal-brexit

She has opted for women to focus soley on the task, without all the posturing machismo and willy waving that inevitably would occur otherwise.

If you ever had to deal with those bafoons in Whitehall who spend most of their time name dropping and playing games of 'one up manship' you'd understand her motivation to keep testosterone out of it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Caroline Lucas at it again.

Does this woman go out of her way to be stupid or is it natural. Her latest idea to get females to sign up to her ideas. It is the only way that the people that she is asking would ever get anywhere near being in a government, absolutely ridiculous.

sorry didnt see the other thread mods please remove or merge

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here