Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Caroline Lucas, sensible suggestion or sexist nonsense?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Because she herself claims that women have the ability to solve the political impasse purely on the basis of their gender. Read her quote in the article and substitute ‘black’, ‘white’, ‘straight’ or ‘gay’. This type of division is the last thing we need.

Indeed. Don't have a problem with her getting together a group of women, it's the fact that she says she's doing it because they're women.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I am so glad the footie season has started, as I have now lost all interest in Brexit and respect for MP's. I think Parliament should be disbanded until the vote on Halloween and all talk of Brexit banned on all media outlets!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No way...... you say 49% voted leave therefore only 23% voted remain assuming turnout of women same as men 72%

It is understandable that those who chose not to vote for good reasons or bad, are not included in the figures for the referendum or for a GE.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Just needs to be a no dickhead policy.

The idea sounds stupid but she's got the media (including the BBC) talking about a national unity government. She might be being very clever. Remember Boris Johnson talking about making model buses? That took his Brexit bus promise down the Google search results. Maybe they are playing the same game by being ridiculous.

Also, I don't like your tone.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We might as well suggest a Cabinet of NSC'ers.
Now that would provide complete and utter bedlam!:lolol::lolol:

At least it wouldn't be the total, complete, outright, unmitigated, sheer and utter bedlam it is at the moment.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Annoying and non-inclusive especially as 49% of women voted to leave.

Not quite. 49% of the people who voted to leave were women.

As for the rest of it, the idea of a National Unity govt is a good one, though probably three years too late. CL's approach to it is daft, and makes the message about anything other than unity.

Three nil eh...!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not quite. 49% of the people who voted to leave were women.

As for the rest of it, the idea of a National Unity govt is a good one, though probably three years too late. CL's approach to it is daft, and makes the message about anything other than unity.

Three nil eh...!
So what you mean is 35% of women voted leave !! being 49% of those who voted (72%).
Already answered that, do keep up!
It is understandable that those who chose not to vote for good reasons or bad, are not included in the figures for the referendum or for a GE.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The only retired, public school Tories from southern England who aren't wealthy are because a mail order bride from Thailand or the former Soviet Union took them to the cleaners when they got divorced. My assumption on wealth was based that you don't seem that type as you come across as smarter, nicer and better than that. I apologise if my outrageous, prejudiced, sweeping generalisation on retired, public school Tories from southern England is in anyway erroneous though.

Ha-ha, no mail order brides here, just one old bird I have been married to for over 31 years!
I do admit to having a bit of 'previous' though, as I got married too young to a lovely girl many moons ago. We divorced over 40 years ago, but still remain friends!
Comfortable yes, but three kids and so far, just one grandchild, will ensure I shall never be rich; but yes, I am a good chap and modest with it, as well.:lolol::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here