Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Caroline Lucas, sensible suggestion or sexist nonsense?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
ManOfSussex said:
Why is a Marxist who wants to see the overthrow of Capitalism worse as Chancellor than an Old Etonian, public school numpty who thinks it's all jolly good fun because he went to school with them?

Because he is part of the status quo, deplorable as that may be and most likely the lesser of the two evils if we 'overthrow capitalism'. Anyone arguing against leaving the EU may have valid points on economic grounds, there is no argument there, but Marxism? Please.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I don't quite understand your post, Sussex. Maybe have a look at it.
Just a quickie,'cos I suspect your post isn't entirely a serious one.
A fellow who is a professed Marxist, who wants to overthrow capitalism, who was sacked by 'Red Ken' for being too left wing, who has a history of supporting/admiring nasty organisations and dodgy regimes, both from the political and economic points of view, who asked why a female MP wasn't being lynched, who would nationalise industries without proper compensation for shareholders, who likes the idea of severely limiting the amount of 'hard earned' that parents could give to their offspring etc.......I could go on, but have better things to do.Put it this way, he wouldn't be on my short-list for the post of Chancellor!
This country, a western democracy, is not one to allow an extremist like McDonnell near the post of Chancellor. Likewise an idiot like Corbyn as PM.
If you could get over your chippy(maybe light-hearted?) public school jibes, you may even see for yourself, that despite your natural left leaning(and I don't really know how leftie you are) views, perhaps the present Government, even if you loathe them, would look after the finances of the country rather better than the likes of Corbyn and McDonnell.
What we need is a huge uprising in the Labour Party to somehow rid themselves of the hard left element, regain their reputation for being a respected left centre party and thus become an acceptable alternative to the Tories. Bloody hell, many Labour MP's don't want Corbyn and McDonnell in power, let alone the Tory and LibDem MP's who think they would be an utter disaster for the country.
Anyway, I reckon there may well be a General Election in the near future, so let us see what happens.:thumbsup:

Not a problem, upon looking at it I didn't quite understand it either. Anyway their star, red or otherwise, was in the ascendancy in 2017 and they were unable to build on it after that election and have gone backwards since, so McDonnell and Corbyn's best and last chance of getting in may well be in an election in the aftermath of a disastrous no deal Brexit that the present Government are hell bent on inflicting on everyone, so we will indeed see what happens.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
He is a complete fanatic ............a Marxist who wants to see the overthrow of Capitalism and some on here think he is fit to be Chancellor!

He's great. best politician in the UK right now.

Recycling a load of tabloid bollocks over and over again doesn't make any of it any truer. I have met, talked and (to a very limited extent) worked with him, so i do speak with some direct knowledge when i say most of what is written in the Sun/Mail/City am etc about McDonnell is a very long way off the mark.

Hmmm, haven't we had this discussion before? I am thinking we may not find a way to agree.

Also a big fan of Caroline Lucus, but she got this one a bit wrong I think. Not that anything else i've heard makes ANY more sense than her proposal right now mind you.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not a problem, upon looking at it I didn't quite understand it either. Anyway their star, red or otherwise, was in the ascendancy in 2017 and they were unable to build on it after that election and have gone backwards since, so McDonnell and Corbyn's best and last chance of getting in may well be in an election in the aftermath of a disastrous no deal Brexit that the present Government are hell bent on inflicting on everyone, so we will indeed see what happens.

Hi Sussex, I have to say, I am no great fan of Boris Johnson and also voted to remain, as did my wife.
I dare say, along with many, many others on both sides of the centre ground spectrum, I am in despair of our politicians at the moment and can see a great deal of turmoil ahead. However, as a centrist, I genuinely fear for this country if a Labour Government, under the leadership of Corbyn and McDonnell were ever to gain power:ohmy:. I would have absolutely no problem with a Labour Government led by moderates. It is a shame a cool head like Alastair Darling isn't around anymore, I rather liked and admired him.:thumbsup:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
He's great. best politician in the UK right now.

Recycling a load of tabloid bollocks over and over again doesn't make any of it any truer. I have met, talked and (to a very limited extent) worked with him, so i do speak with some direct knowledge when i say most of what is written in the Sun/Mail/City am etc about McDonnell is a very long way off the mark.

Hmmm, haven't we had this discussion before? I am thinking we may not find a way to agree.

Also a big fan of Caroline Lucus, but she got this one a bit wrong I think. Not that anything else i've heard makes ANY more sense than her proposal right now mind you.

Hello highflyer, I do believe we have discussed and disagreed over this before, so best leave it at that.
On a different note, 3-1 to the Albion on Saturday!:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here