Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for West Ham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd only make one change, Andone for Murray
Personally I felt Murray had a poor game. It's possible Potter would put that down as a bad day at the office if Murray's been doing well in training and the friendlies. Alternatively yes, he could swap him for Andone, unless Andone hasn't been doing well in training and the friendlies (despite doing well on Saturday).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Watford played 2 up front Gray & Deeney. West Ham will probably only have 1 up front so a change in our formation wouldn't suprise me. Man City played a 4-3-3 with plenty of pace in their front 5 and West Ham were all over the place, a back 4 should be enough to keep them out...so

Ryan
Montoya, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo
Propper, Stephens, Gross
March, Murray, Trossard

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why?

We know that Potter likes to change his formation but I’m assuming that he does not just switch for the sake of it? He only changed his formation four times last season after a win.

Is there something about West Hams’s 4-2-3-1 that warrants us matching their system?

I thought that our central midfielders were brilliant at the weekend, having the extra defender sitting behind them has done wonders for their confidence when it comes to playing further up the pitch and attacking.

If he has to tinker, Trossard and Maupay might be the beneficiaries but I can’t see any change to the back 3 or central 4. Who does he then bring on if West Ham start to push up and we want to hit them on the break? Pace on the bench was a good thing against Watford.

Potter plays four at the back more often than not, and last season GP changed formation for the second game.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288702/Live/England-Championship-2018-2019-Swansea-Preston

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What do you imagine West Ham would consider the greater threat?

West Ham 0 - 3 Brighton
Murray
Izquierdo
Murray

Brighton 3 - 1 West Ham
Murray .... Hernandez
Izquierdo
Groß

Brighton 1 - 0 West Ham
Murray

Glenn Murray should have scored four in the first game, missed two one on ones with Joe Hart.

I think West Ham should count themselves lucky that Izzy is injured!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
So we can give him back if it doesn't work out, or when our youngsters currently hovering on the launch pad are ready to take over. Or even when MacAllister gets a work permit. Good business by us.

No idea.

But the fact remains, despite many hoping it will be so, Mooy never played for Huddersfield in the 'Stephens' role'. He always had Hogg there doing the dirty work.

9 for 3 slots seems ott to me, can't help but think he will appear in the cm 2 role

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Watford played 2 up front Gray & Deeney. West Ham will probably only have 1 up front so a change in our formation wouldn't suprise me. Man City played a 4-3-3 with plenty of pace in their front 5 and West Ham were all over the place, a back 4 should be enough to keep them out...so

Ryan
Propper, Stephens, Gross
March, Murray, Trossard

If we do play a flat back four i can see Burn playing LB,after Saterday he cannot be dropped surely? Webster has played RB before and can replace Montoya,

The team does not pick it self anymore!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone who gets dropped would be very unlucky! The lads all played out of their skins and all deserve to start against West Ham. The beauty is that we have an £80 million bench and a manager who so far has made inspired substitutions!

I just had to rub my eyes and remind myself I'm not dreaming.

Tell me we would ever in my lifetime have an £80M team - let alone bench -, what seems like only yesterday, and I would have given you a slap for your utter ridiculousness.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

Ryan
Propper, Stephens, Gross
March, Murray, Trossard

4 of those front 6 have no pace though

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ryan
Duffy Dunk Burn
Montoya Propper Stephens March
Jahanbakhsh Maupay Trossard​

Fresh, exciting, goals goals goals.
This other than I can't see Ali getting in ahead of Big Jurg.

After all he played a part in the opening goal and had a half decent shot on target (although I expected better from him in that position)

As with Saturday I'm probably more interested in the bench, because as before someone 'big' is going to miss out.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Personally I felt Murray had a poor game. It's possible Potter would put that down as a bad day at the office if Murray's been doing well in training and the friendlies. Alternatively yes, he could swap him for Andone, unless Andone hasn't been doing well in training and the friendlies (despite doing well on Saturday).

Absolutely, all of that could be the case, we only get to see them on the pitch, we really aren't in a position to judge other than that, Potter is and we have to rely on his judgement, rightly so too.

I love Glenn and hope i'm not being harsh on him but towards the end of last season it seemed like the tank was empty, he was often offside, and his touch was poor, he may have just been knackered playing on his own and isolated game after game, but either way the future is with Andone, Maupay and probably Locadia, Glenn still has his part to play, of course he does but in my opinion that part should be from the bench.

Andone at the moment would be my choice ahead of Maupay, but only just and mainly because i think he has waited long enough for a decent run in the starting role, but i wont be disappointed with either.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Whoever plays [and I'd possible swap out Murray], if it's the same team...PLEASE don't let Murray stand in a frigging wall...especially when in our penalty area !!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a pen just waiting to happen

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
———————— Ryan ———————-
——- Duffy ——- Dunk ———- Burn ——
Montoya — Propper — Stephens — March
———————— Gross ————————
————- Maupay ———— Andone ———

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Why would anyone be calling for Duffy to be dropped ahead of a new signing from the championship. This place is insane at times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here