Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for West Ham

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is a tricky one isn't it. Prior to Saturday I was wondering why we wouldn't just go with Solly on the right instead of Montoya and Bernardo on the left. Then Montoya was fantastic and I decided I don't really need to concern myself greatly. Graham's got this.

Can't argue with the last 3 words.

As said 'team v' is hard enough with the wheels on the bus, yet we're still coming up with a bazillion formations.

Imagine the carnage when the wheels do come off.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I think he will give Trossard a run. Home game and all.

ryan, montoya, duffy, dunk, burn, bernado, stephens, Propper, Tross, Muzz, Gross.

Stumpy Tim

It wouldn't surprise me if he had a couple of changes in the front three. Despite a tremendous all-round performance, we did only have 3 shots on target and the decision-making in the final third is an area for improvement. Wouldn't surprise me to see Trossard and Maupay in for Locadia and Murray.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Ryan; Duffy, Dunk, Burn; Montoya, Propper, Stephens, March; Gross, Andone, Locadia.

With Trossard, Maupay and Mooy all featuring from the bench

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It wouldn't surprise me if he had a couple of changes in the front three. Despite a tremendous all-round performance, we did only have 3 shots on target and the decision-making in the final third is an area for improvement. Wouldn't surprise me to see Trossard and Maupay in for Locadia and Murray.

Agree. (Trossard could equally replace Groß)

Horses for courses - we'll look at the relative strength of each opposition back line, and select accordingly. If they are suspect from crosses / set pieces, Murray is your man. If they are poor on the ground / or under a high press - choose the pacier options.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

My thoughts exactly . . . I'd expect changes to be made, if they are, based on GP's tactical awareness of our strengths vs WHU weaknesses and style of play.. . .

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
For the 'appy 'ammers, skipper Mark Noble missed Saturday's thrashing by Man City with a leg muscle injury and sounds unlikely to recover. Felipe Andersen and (surprise, surprise!) Jack Wilshere were both withdrawn with 'dead legs' and are doubtful.

Here's how they lined up v City:

1Fabianski
24Fredericks
4BalbuenaBooked at 61mins
23Diop
3Cresswell
19WilshereSubstituted forSnodgrassat 56'minutes
41Rice
8Felipe AndersonBooked at 62minsSubstituted forHernándezat 66'minutes
10Lanzini
30AntonioSubstituted forFornalsat 45'minutes
22Haller
Substitutes
5Zabaleta
9Hernández
11Snodgrass
13Jiménez
15C Sánchez
18Fornals
21Ogbonna

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree. (Trossard could equally replace Groß)

Horses for courses - we'll look at the relative strength of each opposition back line, and select accordingly. If they are suspect from crosses / set pieces, Murray is your man. If they are poor on the ground / or under a high press - choose the pacier options.

Last season we seemed to have limited and predictable forward options. Now we can perm 3 from 6. Onwards and upwards.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Last season we seemed to have limited and predictable forward options. Now we can perm 3 from 6. Onwards and upwards.

A lot more than that...

Murray, Locadia, Maupay, Trossard, Andone, March, Groß, Jahanbaksh makes EIGHT, and that is without counting Mooy, who despite all of the Stephens haters' best hopes, is more likely to replace Groß than a holding midfielder.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
A lot more than that...

Murray, Locadia, Maupay, Trossard, Andone, March, Groß, Jahanbaksh makes EIGHT, and that is without counting Mooy, who despite all of the Stephens haters' best hopes, is more likely to replace Groß than a holding midfielder.

if that was the case, why rent mooy?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Potter has very rarely in his career started with quick central forwards. He want someone heavy, dirty and clever before unleashing his quick bench striker to kill the game off. I know that in Östersund, season 2016 and 2017, ÖFK had more substitute scorers than any other team and by quite a margin. I dont know the statistics for Swansea, but I would be very surprised if we werent in the top 5 in that aspect.

I think, unless Maupay just turns out waaay too good to be kept on the bench, that Murray will start most games. Glenn wont be your top scorer this season, but he will be your starter in most games (sometimes probably alongside Maupay) - almost sure about that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Locadia did ok ish on Sat. First half did some good things.

Wouldn't be against him dropping to the bench but he wasn't crap so prob deserves to start again just

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He'll learn from it. Solly was otherwise exceptional.

I'd hardly describe him as exceptional. He made that mistake and also generally failed to support the attack anywhere near as much as Montoya did on the right. Based on Saturday, Bernardo should get the nod.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'd hardly describe him as exceptional. He made that mistake and also generally failed to support the attack anywhere near as much as Montoya did on the right. Based on Saturday, Bernardo should get the nod.

He broke up quite a number of Watford attacks by getting a foot in and launching counter attacks, thought he had a very good game to be honest.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Locadia did ok ish on Sat. First half did some good things.

Wouldn't be against him dropping to the bench but he wasn't crap so prob deserves to start again just

I think start with him again. Dropping him after one game will do nothing for his confidence, he's playing in a new system and needs a bit of time to prove himself.

I'd start Glenn on the bench with Maupay starting alongside Big Jurg'

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
This won't be a season of 'rewarding the winning 11' IMO. Potter will play his players as he feels they are suited per game with little to no favouritism for the old guard or the young guns or anything. I think this season is going to be a nightmare for team predictors and us. It's made even harder by the fact that two of the three scorers were subs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here