[Politics] Dick Braine Elected Leader Of UKIP

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They don't even get as many votes as the Raving Looney Party these days, totally irrelevant.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I thought UKIP had disappeared into obscurity since Nigel ‘man of the people’ Farage had started his new vanity project? ??? Oh well, gives people who start sentences with “I’m not racist but...” another party to vote for I suppose :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought UKIP had disappeared into obscurity since Nigel ‘man of the people’ Farage had started his new vanity project? ??? Oh well, gives people who start sentences with “I’m not racist but...” another party to vote for I suppose :shrug:

The reason starting of sentences is the likes of "I'm not racist (sexist, homophobic, etc., etc.)" is because our fragile liberal society tells us we aren't allowed to say anything anymore without qualifying it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The reason starting of sentences is the likes of "I'm not racist (sexist, homophobic, etc., etc.)" is because our fragile liberal society tells us we aren't allowed to say anything anymore without qualifying it.

These days you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you're English.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just like for the West Lothian parish choir, it seems that Susan Boyle and her fans have moved on to bigger and better ? things :laugh:

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Moaning that you get called racist/ homophobic/ sexist for saying racist/ homophobic/ sexist things must be really hard on those who start sentences with the aforementioned. Thoughts and prayers for them at this difficult time where our 'fragile liberal society' calls them out for their outdated views.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Moaning that you get called racist/ homophobic/ sexist for saying racist/ homophobic/ sexist things must be really hard on those who start sentences with the aforementioned. Thoughts and prayers for them at this difficult time where our 'fragile liberal society' calls them out for their outdated views.

Please find a post where I am and I'll hold my hands up. For any other reason please f**k off.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Please find a post where I am and I'll hold my hands up. For any other reason please f**k off.

I never said you did :shrug: I'm merely pointing out that people who usually start sentences with "I'm not racist but..." seem to get so confused as to why saying something racist would lead to an accusation of racism.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
These days you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you're English.

Weird. I've said that a few times. Maybe I should keep quiet..

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No, really, it's not.
His name is actually Richard Braine, deliberately misreported by the London economic, which is obviously a left wing outfit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Braine_(politician)

The name 'Richard' is historically associated with 'Dick'. Whether he uses that or not is irrelevant.

Perhaps if he led another party it would be different.

But, let's face it, to support, let alone be leader of UKIP, you would have to face such satire.

Any party leader who positions himself as a moderate and simultaneously praises Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins would find themselves with such a convenient nickname.

UKIP are pretty irrelevant now anyway. Thankfully.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's always worth remembering that half the British electorate are more stupid than the average person :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, really, it's true. The new party head in their perpetual leadership contest is a 'far-moderate' who has spoken well of Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/lifestyle/dick-braine-elected-new-leader-of-ukip/10/08/

I can now finally say that the last three years has merely been a beautifully crafted Shakespearean comedy.

Can we now go back to how it was before ? My sides are splitting.

Who's favourite to take over next week ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here