Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Heat maps Ahoy

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Been playing around with this:-

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1375933/Live/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Watford-Brighton

Montoya comes out well, as I guess Duffy does, by association.
Propper's looks like the heat map for someone posted on Mooy's thread.
I didn't realise Gross played pretty much as a right winger.

Both teams seemed to concentrate attacking down the right hand side.

It appears that overall the hottest spot on the pitch, for both us and Watford, was around Duffys position. Considering he made about 10% fewer passes than both Dunk and Burn, I'd assume he was given fewer options for available out balls, by Gross and Montoya.

Watching the match live he did seem to be put under more pressure, than the other CBs, by the Watford press. So can Potter come up with some 'press breaking' strategies to help him out? Something to work on in training.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It appears that overall the hottest spot on the pitch, for both us and Watford, was around Duffys position. Considering he made about 10% fewer passes than both Dunk and Burn, I'd assume he was given fewer options for available out balls, by Gross and Montoya.

Watching the match live he did seem to be put under more pressure, than the other CBs, by the Watford press. So can Potter come up with some 'press breaking' strategies to help him out? Something to work on in training.

Yeah, it's called Webster. To be fair he was given a shit ball to deal with a couple of times

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

Duffy handled it well, though. Looked very assured and didn't panic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Flick around between March & Montoya.

Duffy was either isolated or relied upon to defend, depending on your point of view.

Quite what Montoya is doing on Watford's penalty spot is anyone's guess. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1160543805545885696[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You do watch the Albion live?

Gross always drifts out to the right

Gross drifts anywhere he wants.
He does a Cruyff Turn then wafts off to another part of the pitch to show some other fans a Cruyff Turn.

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It never fails to amaze me how Perseus manages to spout nonsense on every single football website in existence (looking at the comments on that page...)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
You can see by this heat map how our back three perform perfectly at the weekend.
Duffy and Burn perfectly placed either side of Dunk, who’s forward runs penetrated the midfield triangle of the Hornets. Beautiful stuff

AB54610C-5E6B-4C6D-96C6-055012B63F37.jpeg

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
You can see by this heat map how our back three perform perfectly at the weekend.
Duffy and Burn perfectly placed either side of Dunk, who’s forward runs penetrated the midfield triangle of the Hornets. Beautiful stuff

View attachment 114237
Thats a poodle, kneeling down.
And whats that approaching its rear end?
I don't think its the midfield triangle of the Hornets that's going to get penetrated!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here