Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham tickets

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Then put them on the exchange, it works well.

Fantastically​ impractical suggestion when you find yourself able to make it to less than 50% of matches. Love the [MENTION=28061]Nitram[/MENTION] comment above that only season ticket holders are committed supporters...the ridiculous sweeping assumptions people make about each other.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fantastically​ impractical suggestion when you find yourself able to make it to less than 50% of matches. Love the [MENTION=28061]Nitram[/MENTION] comment above that only season ticket holders are committed supporters...the ridiculous sweeping assumptions people make about each other.
That’s almost as bad as go and support Man City if you dared to criticise Hughton last season.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
You are misreading my intention, not saying you are not a committed supporter just that people who buy a season ticket should have some benefits over those buying a ticket on a irregular basis.

You are misreading my intention, not saying you are not a committed supporter just that people who buy a season ticket should have some benefits over those buying a ticket on an irregular basis.
But why should they, if they sell enough tickets on the exchange to match the attendance record of the person referred to below?
I know someone on the season ticket waiting list who bought match day tickets for his family for most home games last season. He's obviously wealthier than I realised! I couldn't justify that sort of expense.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
But why should they, if they sell enough tickets on the exchange to match the attendance record of the person referred to below?
I suppose I was thinking that buying in bulk, ie season ticket, that a discount should be expected or be cheaper than buying one for an odd game. BTW I’ve bought an extra 5 for family and friends for the West Ham game. I don’t expect to pay the same as a season ticket holder per game.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Because by committing to either paying up front for the whole season or a regular monthly payment for a whole year they give the club far more ability to plan and forecast cashflow which is quite important to most businesses :shrug:

Because by committing to either paying up front for the whole season or a regular monthly payment for a whole year they give the club far more ability to plan and forecast cashflow which is quite important to most businesses :shrug:
For most businesses yes, but I don't think the 'shrug' attitude
is applicable in our case because any shortfall in the forecast can easily be filled by another (relatively tiny) loan from Mr Bloom's vast fortune.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The fact there are still 500 tickets left for Saturday...

(Cat B) just shows the match by match pricing at the Amex is too high. Simple as that. Discuss...

(Especially considering our excellent start)

(The league need to cap home tickets at £30 too - in my opinion)

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
(Cat B) just shows the match by match pricing at the Amex is too high. Simple as that. Discuss...

or B as above people still on holiday

or C we are at maximum supporters ( no need for stadium expansion)

SAC

May 21, 2014
I do agree that clubs should cap their cheapest tickets at £25 or £30 but an attendance of 500 short of capacity is pretty good, even if the real attendance figure is probably a couple of thousand less due to people being on holiday.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

I don't know why it's a cat B game really, especially as lots of people are away on holiday, thought it would be a good one to do as a Cat C. It's difficult as most games DO sell out, so you can't say it's too expensive I think. For this game yes it's too much. Overall though I think they get the games right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving how the 'everyone is only holiday' trope is seemingly taken as fact.

As is '8,000 people on the season ticket waiting list'.

Finally 'It would be a sell out if we were playing a big 6 side'.

All in isolation are fine, put them all together and none of it makes sense.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
187 left before exchange kicks in , thought this would be 500 or so sub max capacity considering the time of year so another sell out looks highly likely .

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Tough one as its a supply and demand market. 500 empty seats out of 30k+ kinda strikes me they have the pricing right. Granted most of those will be season ticket holders but hasn't that meant we've sold ~4k general sale??

However that said I did think "bloody hell!" in the week when a lad in one of our WhatsApp group said he has a couple of spares and they were £52 face each!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I've just clicked on the seating plan for tomorrow via the ticket site. I counted 165 seats left. (no I didn't count them individually.)
Click on the coloured sections and it tells you how many tickets are left for sale.
For example W3F there is just one seat left for sale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here