Votes: 28 18.5%
  • I go to watch football not stuff my face etc etc

Votes: 21 13.9%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Paul Barber mentioned he is looking at re-introducing a cashless system at the AMEX. We don’t have any idea of which system he will introduce, but in principle, surely this is he way to go?

Yes or no?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No. Not an issue for me personally, but not everybody has a contactless card, however prevalent they have become.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside I use contactless at the AMEX already.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I used to love it when you could use your season ticket to pay for stuff so hopefully that’ll come back. I’m not so hopeful of the 10% cash back thing but it would be nice.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cashless unfairly impacts on poorer people. There's the ability to have a card, or a card that has sufficient funds to use. Money advice service always talk about budgeting, which is harder to do when you're not handling actual money and it's all digital.

Having said that, since the flask ban, I've refused to spend anything at the amex, so it's largely irrelevant to me.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Cashless unfairly impacts on poorer people. There's the ability to have a card, or a card that has sufficient funds to use. Money advice service always talk about budgeting, which is harder to do when you're not handling actual money and it's all digital.

Having said that, since the flask ban, I've refused to spend anything at the amex, so it's largely irrelevant to me.
Then if you can't afford something don't buy it? What's the difference today?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Then if you can't afford something don't buy it? What's the difference today?

It's not simply about not affording something, it's about keeping track of spending, so you are aware of the moment you go from 'I can afford this' to 'I can't afford this'. If you've got a tenner in your pocket at the start of the day, you know when you've spent it. If you've got a card, you spend that ten pound, you still have the card. Did you get 6 of those £1 things, or 7? Do you still have enough left over for a pint?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes from me.

Don't understand this "don't have a card" excuse.

If you have a bank account you can get a Debit Card. All debit cards are contactless nowadays.

If you insist on dealing with cash, give one of your mates the cash to buy the pie and a pint for you. :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's not simply about not affording something, it's about keeping track of spending, so you are aware of the moment you go from 'I can afford this' to 'I can't afford this'. If you've got a tenner in your pocket at the start of the day, you know when you've spent it. If you've got a card, you spend that ten pound, you still have the card. Did you get 6 of those £1 things, or 7? Do you still have enough left over for a pint?

That contactless thing is going to bite back bigtime shortly shirley? All these millenials waving their contactless cards around like it was a magic wand or something. Watch out for the Poor Little Me features in The Guardian sometime soon. Not to mention the compo ad campaigns. Had an accident that was entirely your fault?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Would hate for it to be 100% cashless but nothing wrong with encouraging more contactless card payments.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Reminds me of this a few seasons ago...

no-amex.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I don’t want to be insensitive, but is this really the case? If you are watching the pennies surely you’ll remember how much you’ve spent regardless of the medium?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here