Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] They've got Knockaert - a photo story

Ali J has yet to prove himself so I won’t argue that AK would be a better option as things stand. However Locadia has a much better football brain than AK who is too selfish to fit into a Potter style team that relies on quick movement of ball and players. Locadia’s quick passes tend to go exactly where they should and help in building an attack. When AK did play a passing game his passes often went astray which then resulted in him charging around and often getting the red mist.

AK was certainly better at defending than Locadia but fortunately we are now seeing attacking players attack more than defend. I didn’t at the time but I now get why AK has been moved on. I have also heard that he actually asked to leave, no idea how true that is though.

Knocky's assists actually went up last season from more limited game time, and he had the technique to keep the ball which many of our players don't (tho link up play is not Locadia's weakness I agree with you there, it's more the back on his heels workrate and reactive attitude). But it's all academic anyway now and we have what we have. But I doubt the squad rebuilding/reshaping will now freeze at this point, is all I'll add

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Although it may have been done unwittingly, I wonder how many careers have been blunted or tarnished due to our anti football period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here