Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] They've got Knockaert - a photo story

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My eldest son (an Albion STH) was invited to take a penalty at half-time at Craven Cottage yesterday, so I saw Fulham v Blackburn Rovers...

1.JPG

There were quite a few Fulham fans in Knockaert shirts.

I find it weird when fans get a name on their back before they've even seen the player in action - but I guess they MIGHT have been at Barnsley last week, where AK came on as sub.

3.jpg

Anyway, AK hugged the line on the right wing all match (until subbed on 82min), and seemed to enjoy himself...

4.jpg

... probably because he had clearly been asked NOT to track back.

But the service to him - in his advanced role - could have been much better.

5.jpg

Of course, angry AK was still evident when he missed his chances (he had two).

8.jpg

"There's Brighton there, there's Brighton there..."

Also, ex-Albion winger Elliott Bennett, out of picture.

9.jpg

AK celebrated Fulham's second goal like he scored it himself.

I regret to inform you that Knockaert JOINED IN with Mitrovic's stupid twisty-hand-to-hear celebration (the only player to do so).

I nearly vommed in my mouth.

He's Fulham now.

z.JPG

AK had many family and friends in the crowd witnessing the 2-0 win, including his young son in a "Daddy" shirt.

My son had his penalty saved - by a man dressed as a badger. *sigh*

FIN.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
He's moved on and so have we.

Will always remember how amazing he was during our promotion season and for THAT goal against Palace last season. Sad that he never made the step up, I fear that may be the story of his career but still one of the most exciting players I have seen in the stripes.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Sadly he never quite cut it in the EPL. The defenders are just that little bit sharper against his tricks, and his frustration was negatively affecting the team. Still, he had his moments, scored a few for us and even had the best goal last season, that’s the least we could have asked of him and he delivered. I think now was the right time to send him off, and Fulham is a good place for him to go to. I’m sure Knocky appreciates his time here and everything the club and fans did for him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If he had played to his championship levels in the PL he would be off to a top 4 club for £40m not Fulham, he played well just not consistently to suggest he can’t play in the PL is a myth.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
He's had a rotten couple of years, which must be especially tough when your job is under public scrutiny the entire time. Just hopes he finds some stability and happiness. Thanks AK. Best of luck to you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My eldest son (an Albion STH) was invited to take a penalty at half-time at Craven Cottage yesterday, so I saw Fulham v Blackburn Rovers...
FIN.

Thanks for posting. Good to see him smiling. All the best. :thumbsup:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Good Luck to him. I hope he does well there, bangs in loads of goals, gets loads of assists, and they all love him and sing his name. :)

He has PL quality but sadly I don't think he could show that week in, week out. In the PL, you need consistency. In the Championship you can get away with the odd off-day.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I genuinely thought Elliott Bennett had retired. Good to see him still plying his trade - and in the Championship too!.

Funnily enough I was thinking about EB yesterday during our game. Was wondering if he'd get in our side at his best... probably not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I still see him many times a day, as he's the background on my PC. As are many unhappy Palace fans :lol:

Gone but never forgotten

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

View attachment 114214

There were quite a few Fulham fans in Knockaert shirts.

I find it weird when fans get a name on their back before they've even seen the player in action - but I guess they MIGHT have been at Barnsley last week, where AK came on as sub.

View attachment 114215

Anyway, AK hugged the line on the right wing all match (until subbed on 82min), and seemed to enjoy himself...

View attachment 114216

... probably because he had clearly been asked NOT to track back.

But the service to him - in his advanced role - could have been much better.

View attachment 114217

Of course, angry AK was still evident when he missed his chances (he had two).

View attachment 114218

"There's Brighton there, there's Brighton there..."

Also, ex-Albion winger Elliott Bennett, out of picture.

View attachment 114219

AK celebrated Fulham's second goal like he scored it himself.

I regret to inform you that Knockaert JOINED IN with Mitrovic's stupid twisty-hand-to-hear celebration (the only player to do so).

I nearly vommed in my mouth.

He's Fulham now.

View attachment 114220

AK had many family and friends in the crowd witnessing the 2-0 win, including his young son in a "Daddy" shirt.

My son had his penalty saved - by a man dressed as a badger. *sigh*

FIN.

Now that Knocky has effectively gone, I think I’m probably not alone in being more interested in how Walton performed.

How did our young goalie look for Blackburn? Read a few comments on their forum that he has looked a little nervy and needs to be more commanding. Hopefully he’s just settling in.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Now that Knocky has effectively gone, I think I’m probably not alone in being more interested in how Walton performed.

How did our young goalie look for Blackburn? Read a few comments on their forum that he has looked a little nervy and needs to be more commanding. Hopefully he’s just settling in.

He couldn’t do much about the goals. Blackburn pretty poor, so wouldn’t want to rate him on this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here