Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Highest place in the Albion's history?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Third place in English football for this morning at least. Have the Albion ever occupied a higher position, even if it's only for a few hours?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How long can we remain in the Champions League places? Hammering the hammers would certainly help our cause!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They never used to publish the league tables for a good few rounds (for good reason IMHO). So I am not sure the historical data would be available.

Keep a lid on it people, there is a long way to go yet.

Great fun so far though ain't it :) :) :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
We won down at the Dell one evening in Nov/Dec 80 something

Think we reached the dizzy heights of 5th after that game

Think we were as high as 8th in March,but the season petered out

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We won down at the Dell one evening in Nov/Dec 80 something

Think we reached the dizzy heights of 5th after that game

Think we were as high as 8th in March,but the season petered out

We were fifth after winning at Wolves in 1981. If they'd published tables on the first day of the season we might have been higher after beating Wolves 2-0 at the Goldstone in August 1980.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I never take any notice of tables until after 3 games, but i DO think we will finish in the top 10 this year and i'm very confident about that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I never take any notice of tables until after 3 games, but i DO think we will finish in the top 10 this year and i'm very confident about that.

Whisper it quietly, but on yesterdays evidence, there is no reason we shouldn't have 9 points after 3 games.

Naturally though, now I have posted that we will be complete doghouse against the Hammers and Saints :lolol:

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona

9BBC9F95-4BAC-4971-B029-2C9344A0986E.jpeg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We were fifth after winning at Wolves in 1981. If they'd published tables on the first day of the season we might have been higher after beating Wolves 2-0 at the Goldstone in August 1980.

Andy Ritchie scored the goal on a Tuesday night, it was a superb 25 yarder into the top corner in the days where the vast majority of games had no TV cameras recording the action.

We probably had 200 max in the away end and had to run fairly quickly to the station as the locals weren't happy and wanted some toe to toe. Funnily enough our top boys had decided to give that match a miss.

Regards

EP

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh dear, that's very american.
'Gameday' seems to have crept into the broadcasting vernacular this season. Can't stand it [emoji2961][emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here