Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Debut Goals

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
As already mentioned Peter Ward.
It was away to Hereford in the old Third Division in 1976. Scored after 50 seconds. I was there but missed it because I was talking to someone and hadn't started to concentrate on the match. It was also on Match of the Day that evening in the days when they occasionally featured a token lower division match. I also missed it on Match of the Day because the long coach journey home meant I arrived home just after Match of the Day had finished. Finally saw the goal about 35 years later on youtube.

Just looked for it again but it seems to have been taken down. I found this instead which shows Peter Ward scoring a non debut goal but it'll have to do.

https://youtu.be/KxPW19rO1OI

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m concerned that we might not be able to keep hold on to him for long enough to reach the levels of Ward, Zamora & Murray etc.
Bloody hell. To not keep hold of him, he'll have to be doing very well. If he's doing well, then (and given Bloom's ambition for this club) we'd be doing very well too, which means it would take a pretty big club to take him from us. If that were to happen, then we've done pretty bloody well, so not really a concern.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Seem to remember a period at Withdean where several players scored on their debut for us but that was often as good as it got. Think Junior Lewis was one who scored on his debut, looked a useful loan signing and then went on to do nothing spectacular for us or anyone else!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Less than 100 players scored on prem debut. Doesn’t sound right ?! Saw on twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'prem' (and all football) began in 1992, don't forget ???

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Darius Henderson
Sam Williams
Nicky Ward
Gifton Noel-Williams
Chris Iwelumo
Tony Rougier
Wayne Gray

We had a bonkers record of loanees doing it at Withdean. I think Mark McCammon might have done it too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here