• Maupay

Votes: 41 62.1%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Goal one: Big Jurg to Stephens, floated ball to back post, Gross cushioned pass into the path of Murray who would have tucked it in had the Watford player not got there first.

Goal two: Montoya quick pass to Propper, skipped past defender and low hard cross to near post and Andone gets ahead of defender to sweep it in.

Goal three: Dunk picks up ball from Maty, runs forward twenty yards, passes through eye of needle to Maupay who waits for keeper to commit before rounding him and slotting home.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Goal Two for me #potterball

Leading 1-0, under a bit of pressure, bring on two attacking subs.

Right back and midfielder combining on the edge of the box, both attackers ready to pounce.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
They’re both good in their own way. The Andone goal was a superb finisher with a sublime delivery from Propper, but the Maupay goal was sheer humiliation when you think how that pass slotted through the entire Watford back four. In a match which felt very much like we had been the better side, that was the more satisfying goal to me.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Great to see Propper in a more attacking frame of mind. Can't help thinking the we wouldn't have seen him do that 'beat two men and cross' routine in previous seasons. As for Andone's finish it was clinical and fast. Loved seeing it all again this morning on MOTD.
Dunk's pass was terrific. Bestist CD in the PL!:clap2:

TNBA

TTF

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Maupay’s for me. Brilliant ball from Dunk but he still has a bit to do. He showed great composure and slotted it home.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Goal 3 - we played another half a dozen passes before it even got to Dunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Had Dunks pass been from Maguire the press would still be talking about it next week, as justification for his mega bucks move.As it was Dunk, I'm sure it will be written off as a "hopeful punt up field" Brilliant pass to take out about 5 Watford players and a great finish.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
All goals from open play, how many of those did we see last season?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I can’t decide between the 1st and 2nd goals purely for the positions and part that Stephens and Propper played in them.

I was hugely critical of our centre midfield last year and it was wonderful to see these two being direct and getting forward.

I don’t rate Stephens as a purely defensive midfielder but I do as a box to box midfielder. Since we started playing this system with 3 at the back, I’ve said it means we don’t need need a sole defensive midfield pivot who never gets forward and it could be the best thing for both of them. They showed this yesterday.

It’s also why Mooy is a really good signing because both him and Bissouma could come into the side for either Stephens or Propper and I don’t think anything changes.

Dunk’s pass and Maupay’s finish a thing of beauty also though!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Goal 3. You have to appreciate the movement from Maupay left the whole defence for dead and made him look 10 yards offside.pass was a piece of art as well and the 10 seconds of keep ball before dunk breaks of was brilliant

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Goal 3 - we played another half a dozen passes before it even got to Dunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Shame the highlights didn't show that. Olé's ringing out from the away end for every pass, then that sublime ball from Dunk and a great finish from Maupay. Top notch. :clap2:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Goal Three!

I knew then that Maupay was going to be a brilliant signing from the moment he put the ball in the net having ran onto the ball with superb pace and awareness.

NO MORE HIGH DEFENSIVE LINES AGAINST BRIGHTON WHEN MAUPAY IS ON THE PITCH!

Dunk also proved that he is worth more than half of Maguire’s value with the best assist of the the day in the Premier League.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
They’re both good in their own way. The Andone goal was a superb finisher with a sublime delivery from Propper, but the Maupay goal was sheer humiliation when you think how that pass slotted through the entire Watford back four.In a match which felt very much like we had been the better side, that was the more satisfying goal to me.

Not only the back four but the middle four too.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Goal one - was aided by a poor attempt to head clear from watford, and was touched in by a watford defender.
Goal two - poor attempt at clearance gifted us possession in a dangerous area.

Goal three - we had possession, passing around, then showed the vision to see and skill to execute a defence splitting long pass, acceleration from Maupay, composure and decision making, to take it round the keeper and not over complicate it taking the shot from a narrower angle rather than trying to move more central giving them more of a chance to get back and block.

Goal three all day long.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
What i found interesting and exciting for the second goal was how far forward Propper was for the assist , if that's a sign of things to come from him , then we will score far more goals this season than last , i'm not saying we won't concede more , but how nice it must be for him to be able to express himself in a role he's obviously more happy playing in , so i think number 2 just shades it for me .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here