Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] #BoycottArsenal

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the Albion are to progress it will be due in part to bigger clubs dropping below us due to mismanagement. Ashley's reign helps the Albion and I look forward to Arsenal giving them a hiding this afternoon.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Whatever happens to the Nukes,I hope Andy Carroll plays enough to make a mint out of Ashley,as long as he doesn't score against us.

el punal

But that's not the impression Newcastle fans like to portray of their collective loathing of the man.
(While wearing replica shirts and SoCal trackie bottoms)

To believe them they all despise him and want him out of their club, yet when push comes to shove, like today, they'll all still line his pockets and moan about.

Begging the question:-

'Why are they complaining?'

I suppose it’s because Ashley is not perceived (by the fans) as a chairman/owner who has the best interests of the club at heart, and everything that goes with that assumption.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Maybe [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] would know, but has Ashley actually taken any money out of Newcastle FC ?

Because 12 years on, they are still in the same position as when he took over (albeit with relegations, promotions, FSW and Europa League), and if he's been taking money out as well, whilst maintaining that, then he's an even better businessman than I thought ???

The last figure I saw was that he had put in £144 Million in interest free loans.

Mentioned it on here before, but because Ashley doesn’t talk to the press, he’s fair game for those who do because it gives them the opportunity to slag him off.

Contrary to everything the press would have you believe, Newcastle are a profitable club who have just made significant investments in the playing staff for this season.

Benitez’s mates in the press have managed to put a positive spin on his clearing off to manage Mickey Mouse football in China while slagging the club off. The £12m a year he’s getting was conveniently ignored.

Ashley is a controversial character, but I do admire the fact that he doesn’t care what the press say and just gets on with it.

Sure, he’s made mistakes,but who hasn’t?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mentioned it on here before, but because Ashley doesn’t talk to the press, he’s fair game for those who do because it gives them the opportunity to slag him off.

Contrary to everything the press would have you believe, Newcastle are a profitable club who have just made significant investments in the playing staff for this season.

Benitez’s mates in the press have managed to put a positive spin on his clearing off to manage Mickey Mouse football in China while slagging the club off. The £12m a year he’s getting was conveniently ignored.

Ashley is a controversial character, but I do admire the fact that he doesn’t care what the press say and just gets on with it.

Sure, he’s made mistakes,but who hasn’t?

He’s lent the club about £110m interest free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only someone could have predicted this at 08:25 this morning.

What a bunch of mugs.

[tweet]1160535856513527808[/tweet]

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle fans are basically moaning because their club isn't spending as much on transfers as they'd like, and because they think the club should be higher placed than it is owing to the fact they have lots of fans and live in "a passionate football city".

What has Ashley actually done to compare with, say, SISU at Coventry, or Ken Anderson at Bolton, to Bill Archer or Owen & Karl Oyston or Ken Richardson?

Benitez was the luckiest manager ever. Newcastle were crap for swathes of last season, but good old Rafa successfully managed to blame Ashley for every poor performance (a tactic known as Redknapping), thus ensuring the suckers buying the season tickets still worshipped his every move no matter how badly they played. Then he buggered off to China the second somebody offered him £12m per year. And still none of the Geordies question him. Amazing.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
but we spend hours moaning about no bottle caps, no flasks, why we aren't playing this multi million £ player in the right position, or why is Percy Tau not got a permit yet! Hardly the stuff of marches, and campaigns to remove a hated chairman. Happy days indeed to be a Brighton fan

This... If the worst thing is the lack of bottle tops then we have it pretty bloody good these days!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Newcastle fans are basically moaning because their club isn't spending as much on transfers as they'd like, and because they think the club should be higher placed than it is owing to the fact they have lots of fans and live in "a passionate football city".

What has Ashley actually done to compare with, say, SISU at Coventry, or Ken Anderson at Bolton, to Bill Archer or Owen & Karl Oyston or Ken Richardson?

Benitez was the luckiest manager ever. Newcastle were crap for swathes of last season, but good old Rafa successfully managed to blame Ashley for every poor performance (a tactic known as Redknapping), thus ensuring the suckers buying the season tickets still worshipped his every move no matter how badly they played. Then he buggered off to China the second somebody offered him £12m per year. And still none of the Geordies question him. Amazing.

Yes, it is amazing. I also wonder what exactly it is that Ashley has done wrong (with regards to Newcastle United anyway - let's leave his other businesses out for now). He's put quite a bit of money into the club. Is their problem that he's only a multi-millionaire, not a multi-multi-multi millionaire, or even a multi-billionaire?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was actually quite empty (not read any posts except the initial one).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

My thoughts exactly. Just a severe case of entitlement. The narrative about Rafa has been pushed by the media. Ashley and his businesses are certainly dislikeable but there is no justification for Newcastle fans to boycott matches. That will explain the lack of a boycott.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here