Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And suddenly the horizon seems bright... what a time to be a Seagulls fan

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I honestly wouldn't mind their criticism of Bloom for sacking Hughton if it wasn't for the fact that the hypocritical living thieves (those who steal a living) were in the middle of lambasting Chris when he was sacked.

The lack of knowledge by so many pundits is really starting to grate.

Yes....funny isn't it that many were calling for his head after the Bournemouth/Cardiff debacles but after we limped over the line, thanks to Cardiff shooting themselves in the foot, it was a disgrace to get rid of him, after all he had done for us. Inferring that little ol' Brighton were getting too big for their boots and we didn't know when we were well off. A Watford fan told me yesterday that we were mad to get rid of him and asked who the hell is Potter...." One poxy season at Swansea and you get rid of Hughton for him "
( Driving home after the game, a female presenter on TalkSport, after hearing that Villa were 1 up at HT v Tottenham, boldly declared that " Aston Villa have well and truly arrived in the PL! "....we all agreed in the car, that that sort of talk was a little premature. That sort of naivety is commonplace )

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes....funny isn't it that many were calling for his head after the Bournemouth/Cardiff debacles but after we limped over the line, thanks to Cardiff shooting themselves in the foot, it was a disgrace to get rid of him, after all he had done for us. Inferring that little ol' Brighton were getting too big for their boots and we didn't know when we were well off.
What they and we don't know, is Bloom's vision for the club. It could well go pear shaped, we could get relegated and feel we'd be in a better place with Hughton still here, but Bloom has a long term vision for the club and he felt the best way to achieve it was with a change. Even if it doesn't work out with Potter (although I think it will), the club will continue to work hard to make progress on and off the pitch. The long term deal with American Express is an indication of that.

I'll shove this here, since I don't want to start a new thread for it (having just managed one win):
I'm just so grateful for what Tony Bloom has done for our club. Not only has he spent a fortune of his own money, but he's set the club up so wisely and given us so much to look forward to. I'd like to bake him a cake.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
This could be the light of a new dawn or the roof of my house on fire, who knows at this point? But an away win, 3 away goals and while not a perfect performance one that certainly showed some promise, its all good and bodes well once the team get used to the style of play and some of the new lads are bedded in. It matters not one jot what happened last season that is now the past. What matters is what happens from here and a start has been made for sure...

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Far to early to get excited but things definitely look good.

Love the way Potter acknowledge the foundations that Hughton laid down and name checked him.

Class act..

Spot on. Thoroughly enjoyable performance. Potter's acknowledgment that he is building on CH's legacy classy and accurate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here