Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And suddenly the horizon seems bright... what a time to be a Seagulls fan

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Doesn’t it feel great?

Attacking, creative, progressive possession based football away from home. Exquisite goals and link up play... BRAVERY to keep playing that way even when 1-0 up with the game in the balance.

Sure it’s not always going to work out, as Potter said on MOTD, another day he could make those attacking subs and we lose. But by god his playing style is a philosophy I’m sure we can all fully appreciate and get behind regardless the outcome.

As an added bonus we get to see the all knowing knee jerk pundits who slaughtered us for offing Hughton eat solid crow for a while.

We won’t always have days like this in the Prem... let’s drink it in and enjoy it. I think it’s the least we deserve that after the last turgid season we suffered.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Doesn’t it feel great?

Attacking, creative, progressive possession based football away from home. Exquisite goals and link up play... BRAVERY to keep playing that way even when 1-0 up with the game in the balance.

Sure it’s not always going to work out, as Potter said on MOTD, another day he could make those attacking subs and we lose. But by god his playing style is a philosophy I’m sure we can all fully appreciate and get behind regardless the outcome.

As an added bonus we get to see the all knowing knee jerk pundits who slaughtered us for offing Hughton eat solid crow for a while.

We won’t always have days like this in the Prem... let’s drink it in and enjoy it. I think it’s the least we deserve that after the last turgid season we suffered.

Thanks PB.
Where can I get solid crow on a Sunday?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
And as Brighton fans we all know what's coming after we get too excited from one win. Bah humbug. I'm still not convinced VAR won't wipe off all 3 goals from yesterday and award Watford a penalty goal.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Far to early to get excited but things definitely look good.

Love the way Potter acknowledge the foundations that Hughton laid down and name checked him.

Class act..

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Makes a pleasant change to convincingly win away, but with Potter and his different tactics/signings we are really like a new team in the league.

We reminded me a lot of Huddersfield those first 10/12 games in the Premier League, hopefully Mr P has substantially more about him than Wagner did - the better and more experienced managers in this league will work out how to beat us soon enough.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Makes a pleasant change to convincingly win away, but with Potter and his different tactics/signings we are really like a new team in the league.

We reminded me a lot of Huddersfield those first 10/12 games in the Premier League, hopefully Mr P has substantially more about him than Wagner did - the better and more experienced managers in this league will work out how to beat us soon enough.

I am thinking that Harry will change his set up at the click of his fingers before long and keep the opposition guessing throughout the season. A Wagner he ain’t gonna be.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
"Deserve". "Suffered".

Yep. The premier league has presented some tough old days for the Albion faithful.

Yes we are a Premier League team now so that should be the focus. The past is history, we’ll never forget it (I have some great memories watching us at the Goldstone as a boy) but we move on.

Or are you suggesting that we’re just plucky old Brighton and to be merely grateful for being in the PL and to roll over for other teams?

Thankfully Mr Bloom has a bit more ambition and vision then that.

UTA

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Doesn’t it feel great?

Lets talk next May

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Propper at last looks like a proper Dutch international , and for that alone i'm willing to eat a bucket load of humble pie , last season i'd have driven him to the airport myself , how refreshing to see him wandering all over the pitch to WANT the ball , loved it , very encouraging signs all over the pitch .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The result was better than the performance, Watford were poor, but it was decent after just a few weeks of Potters arrival and changes in the personnel in the squad, even if not so much in the team on the pitch. For me the thing to watch out for is getting better over the next two games, not necessarily get a better result, but a better performance with fewer errors, better passing accuracy, and then see what formation and players he uses against Man City.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The result was better than the performance, Watford were poor, but it was decent after just a few weeks of Potters arrival and changes in the personnel in the squad, even if not so much in the team on the pitch. For me the thing to watch out for is getting better over the next two games, not necessarily get a better result, but a better performance with fewer errors, better passing accuracy, and then see what formation and players he uses against Man City.

The main thing for me was that you felt that we might / could score goals. And that's the big difference from last year, when even when we were winning and scoring, it never really felt as though we were going to! I do feel a bit sad though that CH wasn't able to adapt a bit more - they were all his players, apart from Maupay - and were obviously more capable of this sort of thing than he gave them credit for. Imagine a manager who can get a team to defend as well as we have been, but with the creativity as well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Propper at last looks like a proper Dutch international , and for that alone i'm willing to eat a bucket load of humble pie , last season i'd have driven him to the airport myself , how refreshing to see him wandering all over the pitch to WANT the ball , loved it , very encouraging signs all over the pitch .

Very much my thoughts too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Indeed things do seem to be falling into place, including the fixtures. To get Watford after their poor season finish then Cup Final drubbing. Next up West Ham who just got walloped by Citeh and after that Southampton who'll probably get tonked by Liverpool beforehand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here