Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Matchday travel subsidy?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Quite. Maybe the club could order taxis to pick us exiles up from home.
Or perhaps the other poster could appreciate the club subsidizing him whilst it lasted. He is an exile as well if he doesn’t live within the travel zone. If he lives within but is simply choosing not to use the subsidy then that’s his choice.

So all Albion fans who live outside the travel zone are exiles are they? Where does that leave me? I'm still in Sussex!

Upset now. Can you tell? :tantrum:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Thousands of fans pay the £50 and don’t get full value from it - even those that use the P&R still have the cost of getting there.

I see ST as more of a ‘luxury’ (I have used it, so I know this doesn’t apply to all the buses [emoji16])option for greater convenience run by a commercial outfit, so not sure why the club should subsidise it when they are already helping with either rail or P&R travel.

And we'll agree to disagree. We're both on opposite sides of this and I don't think either of our stances will change.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What would you do if Seagull Travel were not running a service?
You would have the option to drive to the nearest station or bus route or drive to the Park and Ride as many fans do from no doubt further away than you without a subsidy.
You are not forced to use Seagull Travel, i'm not but I choose the higher prices option cos I want to support my team and Seagull Travel suits my needs.

Honestly, I'd probably not have a ST. The realities are that, due to work commitments for myself and for the people I go with on many weekends, the time cost of using the other options simply wouldn't make it viable, unfortunately. And that's even without considering the increased costs involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here