Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the list. However, those where there is street parking, I assume you can't just roll up in your coach and park. You must have to register somewhere and I wonder if the local authority make a charge?
    The Goldstone and Withdean had like above list had dozens of roads where one could be dropped off and collected. This is near on impossible at Amex so club has to to do everything to assist supporters to get there. Hence £50pa added to tickets

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Oldman View Post
      In these days of combating climate change it does seem odd that BHA does not encourage folk to arrive by coaches and buses (Seagull travel uses both), whilst it subsidises people to drive in cars to P & R sites. Surely they should back coach and bus travel to the Amex rather than cars?
      I really donít see the argument for the club giving moneyís to a private, profit making organisation that runs coaches? Why canít ST subsidise it? Or why canít passengers pay a fair rate for their transport?

The bus + train travel we get is phenomenal and more than enough.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!
      I only have a ST on the premise that I don't have to pay for travel.

Back in the morning, it's going back in the morning.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      I really don’t see the argument for the club giving money’s to a private, profit making organisation that runs coaches? Why can’t ST subsidise it? Or why can’t passengers pay a fair rate for their transport?

Exactly
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      I really don’t see the argument for the club giving money’s to a private, profit making organisation that runs coaches? Why can’t ST subsidise it? Or why can’t passengers pay a fair rate for their transport?

My argument would be that our ticket price includes a compulsory levy for the transport system in place that allows us to all get to and from the Amex on matchdays. If a fan is not using public transport and is not using park and ride, why can't their portion of the subsidy be used to offset part of the price of using the relatively clean and sustainable transport option of Seagull Travel?

Every time I get on a Seagull Travel coach my name is checked off against a list of known passengers that are going to be using that service on that matchday, therefore ST will know exactly how many passengers are going to be using their network of coaches.

I'm in complete agreement with your other point though - to have train travel from Worthing included with my season ticket is fantastic, and I use it for most games.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by amexer View Post
      I am sorry that is not possible and if you can show me proof this statement came from club I will write them. My figures may not be accurate but assume ST take 4000 supporters and supporters club coaches 500. If club is saying this is costing them £1m this is crap. Over £200 per person you are joking.
      If the £1m is what they pay out overall including train/buses thats not bad after collecting £1.5m from add ons to tickets. Do think we need some accurate figures from club because until they do I see it as just another income raiser. Sorry but income gone from £25 to £150m in 3 years there can be no justification for any supporter cost increases
      The ground is in the sticks and should make it easier not harder for all supporters to get to. I feel strongly about this because heard last week elderly relatives from Hangleton say as they cannot afford the increase they are going to get bus into Hove and then get I think no 26.. Madness and feel I cant see this happen so a few of us will chip in to get there ST tickets.
      Seagull travel coach from the Grenadier in Hangleton is £6.50 per game return, same as last season. Not sure if a season ticket price has gone up.
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      My argument would be that our ticket price includes a compulsory levy for the transport system in place that allows us to all get to and from the Amex on matchdays. If a fan is not using public transport and is not using park and ride, why can't their portion of the subsidy be used to offset part of the price of using the relatively clean and sustainable transport option of Seagull Travel?

Every time I get on a Seagull Travel coach my name is checked off against a list of known passengers that are going to be using that service on that matchday, therefore ST will know exactly how many passengers are going to be using their network of coaches.

I'm in complete agreement with your other point though - to have train travel from Worthing included with my season ticket is fantastic, and I use it for most games.
      Doesn't that open the door to people who walk or cycle demanding something for their contributions when they don't use the public transport option? Free shoes or contribution to new shoes due to the wear and tear of all that walking perhaps.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      Originally the Swankers Garage_Doors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
      I live in the immediate catchment area and like many others pay a private firm £5 to take me to and from the ground, why? because the P&R bus does not have the flexibility it could have i.e. a simple stop in Woodingdean. I am sure same occurs for other locations.
      ST have a bus that stop in several places in Woodingdean.
      God Save The Queen

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HAILSHAM SEAGULL View Post
      But that is the problem. They cant determine who uses the travel subsidy or not, the users of the trains and buses are not counted or listed.
      Its all or nothing.
      I would imagine the club have agreed a set figure to pay to the train and bus operators, regardless of the numbers.
      We pay in advance for season tickets on these external buses. There are lists out there, they just have to ask these companies. It's really not difficult. It just comes down to them not wanting to give such ticket holders a lower price when they're not using that subsidy. In simple terms, you get those lists, you issue those people with a different coloured ST and give them a reduced price. They then can't use the free subsidised transport.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      Doesn't that open the door to people who walk or cycle demanding something for their contributions when they don't use the public transport option? Free shoes or contribution to new shoes due to the wear and tear of all that walking perhaps.
      It does, but surely this should be an opt-in or opt-out situation. People opt-in for the subsidy in advance and get one colour of ST, or they opt-out in advance and get another. Really, in terms of logistics this is really, really simple to sort.

What it really opens the club up to is losing money (albeit a small amount proportionately) and that's what they're not keen to do.