Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] we`re gonna win the League

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ridiculous thread.

Staying in the top 4 is the best we can hope for.

Yes, I know we're level on points but I'd be very surprised if we can keep up with Man City and Liverpool.

City have Spurs next week.
While Liverpool are at Southampton.

So that'll be City playing catch up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Top four needs to be a serious target now...spurs are on the wane, arsenal are a spent force, manure are in crisis...step up pottertime!

This is our season....champions league is the target.....

Believe

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Don't be so stupid.

We'll be third behind City and Liverpool.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The only way we will be top is if people start reading the league table upside down.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ridiculous.

There is no way we will land above 3rd. We're a couple of Eredivisie signings short at present.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When we finish fourth and smash Europe I think we should call for a European League in order not to have to play the likes of Palace who don't even have the right to clean our boots let alone share the same oxygen as us :lol:

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
Wolves can finish 7th last season so I see no reason why we can’t dream of of that and play in Europe next season. We are finally playing the right way. The biggest thing is we won the game with almost last seasons team. So we can only improve further with the likes of Trossard and Mooy to come in.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Have you seen Man City?

No chance. I also don’t like how some are getting really carried away.

This. There is understandable euphoria over a good away win. And there is pie in sky stupidity.

This may be no more than the flash in pan that same result against West Ham was, the occasional day when all goes right and opposition are shit. Potter hinted that in measured post match interview. An aspiration of mid table is reasonable at this stage. Leave it at that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Surely with the quality we have in the side we should be showing more ambition and targeting the World Cup.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it a bit premature but could we??
No. Not a cat-in-hell's chance.
Leicester did.
They were better than us, but more importantly, all the big contenders were weak at the same time. There's absolutely no chance they'd have finished above the current City and Liverpool teams, and they probably wouldn't finish above the current Spurs team either.

PS - Apologies for somehow drifting into a serious answer to the question. It's a question that can be asked of the group of also rans (teams like Everton), and the same answer applies to them too.

Arsenal are 50-1 to win, which is ridiculous. I'd want hundreds.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was a joke.
No. Not a cat-in-hell's chance.
They were better than us, but more importantly, all the big contenders were weak at the same time. There's absolutely no chance they'd have finished above the current City and Liverpool teams, and they probably wouldn't finish above the current Spurs team either.

If you have to explain it, it's not worth the ink. Some people take everything seriously.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But we all know that if we somehow win these next two home games, someone on a website somewhere* will call the City game a potential title decider.

* and not just this one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it a bit premature but could we?
Although the official line from the club is that we want to become a top 10 team, I've learned that Potter was told during his interview that the goal is to win the league this year, and if we don't, he'll be out of a job. Potter was delighted to hear this ambition and was happy to sign on the basis he'd have his contract terminated without compensation if we were to fall short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here