Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton - Huddersfield

deano-terrier

Apr 24, 2009
If there is anyone on here who knows Chris personally please can you ask him to contact Huddersfield Town chairman Phil Hodgkinson and let him know he would be interested in becoming manager if the opportunity ever presented itself.

Thanks very much and congrats on a fine win today.

P.S take good care of the Aussie Xavi

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Think you lot are in trouble this year. You could easily do a Sunderland

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is tough reading what can happen at a club, one year it can seem so rosy and then wham, things spin out of control. I like the DATM forum, I think you have some good posters there but the natives are not at all happy with the chairman changing things around and there seems little confidence in the manager.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If there is anyone on here who knows Chris personally please can you ask him to contact Huddersfield Town chairman Phil Hodgkinson and let him know he would be interested in becoming manager if the opportunity ever presented itself.

Big changes up there, hope you can stabilise.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hope Huddersfield can challenge again. Great old club.

Sorry, CH doesn't need to tout himself around chairmen. He's waiting for a Premier League position to come up in the sacking season, although he might opt for a Championship club with great promotion prospects. Neither of those applies to you, I'm afraid.
As for Mr Mooy, Tony Bloom looks after all his staff. (at least, the ones who don't leak the team sheet to this forum :))

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is someone here who knows Chris. He'll see this thread.

Are you expecting your chairman to provide the funds for a realistic push back to the PL?

congrats on a fine win today.

Think you lot are in trouble this year. You could easily do a Sunderland
Really? Why do you think things look so bad for them?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There is someone here who knows Chris. He'll see this thread.

Are you expecting your chairman to provide the funds for a realistic push back to the PL?

Really? Why do you think things look so bad for them?

They looked so poor the other night. Not convinced by there manager and losing Mooy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They looked so poor the other night. Not convinced by there manager and losing Mooy.

Sunderland were a complete basket case shambles of a club, chock full of overpaid wastrels (just watch the doc). I don't expect Huddersfield to pull up many trees this season, but they're not going to collapse through the division. They'll be alright.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see Hudds losing Mooy a bit like Stoke losing Shaqiri. Lose your best creative player and not come close to replacing them is a dangerous game, losing the ability to turn draws into wins. Before you know it the parachute payments have stopped and you have a mountain to climb.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I know little of Siewert other than he appears to have trodden the same path as Wagner, coming from Dortmund's second string. The departure of Wagner appeared to be one occasion when 'by mutual agreement' was genuine. I suspect (?) Wagner may have recommended him for the job & the owner/chairman took his word on trust. When Siewert arrived, Huddersfield were pretty much a doomed basket case & his job was surely a damage limitation exercise with one eye on this season. Two games into the season, few chairman are going to get rid of a manager unless they've been thumped both games and there is general unrest. Huddersfield achieved beyond expectation under Wagner, but after the torrid experience of last season, I would expect this to be a season of consolidation & rebuilding. I think it's too early to make judgement on him yet tbh. A month or two down the line, Huddersfield will find out if he's potentially a German miracle worker like Wagner or Farke or a dud like Felix Magath.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sorry, CH doesn't need to tout himself around chairmen. He's waiting for a Premier League position to come up in the sacking season, although he might opt for a Championship club with great promotion prospects. Neither of those applies to you, I'm afraid.
As for Mr Mooy, Tony Bloom looks after all his staff. (at least, the ones who don't leak the team sheet to this forum :))

Erm..didn’t Chris take us on when we looked like nailed on relegation prospects?? I don’t think he thinks so highly of himself as you seem to.

Huddersfield are a problem child. Someone like Hughton would steady their ship and probably get them near the top.

Erm..didn’t Chris take us on when we looked like nailed on relegation prospects?? I don’t think he thinks so highly of himself as you seem to.

Huddersfield are a problem child. Someone like Hughton would steady their ship and probably get them near the top.
I don't understand this post at all. For a start, maybe you can quote the post(s) which imply I think highly of myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here