Feb 16, 2011
Twitter is a Watford fan.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Posted the Maupay goal video, at least I’m guessing that’s why

Yeah that makes sense actually. Copyright complaint probably.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ridiculous. Hate speech, fake news, but a fan posts a video that anyone can watch countless other places and that results in a ban.

Two wrongs, etc

So if you paid a fortune for the broadcast rights and your customers were prepared to pay a lot of money to watch it, you’d be happy for some of the biggest social media firms to broadcast it without your permission for free,??

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Two wrongs, etc

So if you paid a fortune for the broadcast rights and your customers were prepared to pay a lot of money to watch it, you’d be happy for some of the biggest social media firms to broadcast it without your permission for free,??

Yet you can open the clubs webpage right now and watch the highlights for nothing and without needing a log in

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even worse - whilst NSC's twitter account was being cut-off at the knees, the kids were thrashing me at Uno.

A quick read suggests there is little hope of getting it back. Somewhat ironic that I think today is the first day I've been on twitter since May and this happens. I could create another account or I could just give it up. Like Facebook, I consider twitter to be mostly utterly shit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Two wrongs, etc

No not really but they are fighting a losing battle as it is really easy to either watch the match live or see extended highlights or just a particular goal. It is like people selling cassette tapes back in the day but saying no-one should record from radio.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No not really but they are fighting a losing battle as it is really easy to either watch the match live or see extended highlights or just a particular goal. It is like people selling cassette tapes back in the day but saying no-one should record from radio.

I don’t disagree but if they send a warning shot they are more likely to be successful in a subsequent prosecution.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ridiculous. Hate speech, fake news, but a fan posts a video that anyone can watch countless other places and that results in a ban.

The PL/Sky/BT seemed to have really upped the ante just now in eliminating the slightest whiff of a video, commentary, etc.

Financial arm-twisting so that more punters say “Sod it, I’ll give Sky a call and sign up for the full sports package”.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The PL/Sky/BT seemed to have really upped the ante just now in eliminating the slightest whiff of a video, commentary, etc.

Financial arm-twisting so that more punters say “Sod it, I’ll give Sky a call and sign up for the full sports package”.

I have paid for 10 months of Now TV Sports. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to see Albion footage broadcast elsewhere. I really think they are fighting a losing battle and just irritating their own customers.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
the premier league is so ubiquitous partly due to the viral sharing of clips on social media. clamping down on this is pretty stupid imo.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have paid for 10 months of Now TV Sports. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to see Albion footage broadcast elsewhere. I really think they are fighting a losing battle and just irritating their own customers.

I succumbed and since Jan18 I’m back with Sky/BT paying the full package.

I agree, I still want to see all the youtube clips of goals, chants, Potter celebrating with the fans, etc.

Based on today in finding literally everything blocked on youtube (a first I think ... normally you can get in quick) and the twitter account being closed down, the lawyers/geeks at the PL have gone all out war against the free online clips.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here