Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn Fan Club

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm definitely in the fan club. However realistically the guy will never play for England. He has 2 or 3 errors in him every game.

Just look at the spurs game. Hapless sissoko walks round him in the box and we get away with it ... Burn also let Kane turn him in the box allowing an easyish chance for Kane.

Newcastle away he gives the ball away in the box, again we get away with it. West ham at home plays Hernandez onside, goal conceded.

The list goes on.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm definitely in the fan club...........He has 2 or 3 errors in him every game...........Hapless sissoko walks round him in the box.........Burn also let Kane turn him in the box.........Newcastle away he gives the ball away in the box..........West ham at home plays Hernandez onside, goal conceded.

The list goes on.....

Are you really sure you want to be in this particular fan club? I think the membership secretary will have something to say about the above rant!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm definitely in the fan club. However realistically the guy will never play for England. He has 2 or 3 errors in him every game.
He's new at this level and still learning, so I'm hopeful he'll be able to reduce the amount of mistakes he makes. He's about the same age as Dunk though (without the PL experience) so time isn't on his side for an England call up.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
There is no doubt he has been great for us in the couple of roles he's had to play, but however good he has been for us, he isn't a Left Back. LWB or CB yes but if Bernardo is fully match fit, I would want him at LB, not Burn.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Have to say my admiration for Burn has grown even greater over the last week.

Playing in a relatively new position for him still and without the physical atrributes and pace normally needed to play at full back, he has battled so hard and played really well in those three games.

He’s been up against some of the best wingers in the premier league/Europe in those games in Salah, Aubameyang, Pepe and Traore and he’s held his own.

There have been tough moments (Traore is unreal) and he’s been roasted for pace a few times which you have to expect but overall he’s done really well and none of the goals conceded in those games came from open play down his side. Deserves a lot of credit IMO.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Have to say my admiration for Burn has grown even greater over the last week.

Playing in a relatively new position for him still and without the physical atrributes and pace normally needed to play at full back, he has battled so hard and played really well in those three games.

He’s been up against some of the best wingers in the premier league/Europe in those games in Salah, Aubameyang, Pepe and Traore and he’s held his own.

There have been tough moments (Traore is unreal) and he’s been roasted for pace a few times which you have to expect but overall he’s done really well and none of the goals conceded in those games came from open play down his side. Deserves a lot of credit IMO.

Agree with this.

Only game I think he’s really struggled was against Man Utd. And that was the whole defence....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[TWEET]1203757567337541632[/TWEET]

I think I'm right in saying he is the only Albion outfield player to have played every minute in the Premier League so far this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
[TWEET]1203757567337541632[/TWEET]

I think I'm right in saying he is the only Albion outfield player to have played every minute in the Premier League so far this season.

Unfortunately doesn't say much about Potter's faith in Bernardo, who IMO is a much better player.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Unfortunately doesn't say much about Potter's faith in Bernardo, who IMO is a much better player.

I'm not sure it says anything about Potter's faith in Bernardo, who has been injured for most of the season. He'll get his chance, I'm sure. I think it says far more about Potter's faith in Bong though....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm not sure it says anything about Potter's faith in Bernardo, who has been injured for most of the season. He'll get his chance, I'm sure. I think it says far more about Potter's faith in Bong though....

Bong is correctly third choice, questionable if he's consistently good enough for PL. Burn is doing just fine so I can understand why Bernardo is bench warming

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Bernardo far to overrated. Good, but not that brilliant - how most on here big him up.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Burn has made mistakes but he has also done some great work. He also is one of few who will cross the ball. I think we should stick with him. Possibly we might see a return to a back 3 with 2 wingbacks (Alzate and Bernardo) which would be better for Burn and indeed Webster

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
(to the tune of The Trammps Disco Inferno)

I heard the Albion sing,
Burn, Big Dan Burn!
Clean Sheet Inferno!
Burn, Big Dan Burn!
Burn the Palace down,

(repeat)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not rocket science:-

Big Burn
Big Burn
Big Dan Burn.

Or sit in silence and later have a moan about sitting in silence.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wasn't it Burn who created the time and space for Maupay to score with a visionary dummy last night?
I'm a Big Dan fan.

Did exactly the same for Maupay’s headed goal against Arsenal. Opposition defenders get in such a tiz when 10ft Burn is stalking on and around the penalty spot!

There are a number of dissenting NSC voices against our striped tower of intrigue led by the site’s eminent Left Back position expert. I’m enjoying them being wrong week after week.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Did exactly the same for Maupay’s headed goal against Arsenal. Opposition defenders get in such a tiz when 10ft Burn is stalking on and around the penalty spot!

There are a number of dissenting NSC voices against our striped tower of intrigue led by the site’s eminent Left Back position expert. I’m enjoying them being wrong week after week.

Striped tower of intrigue :D.

Was excellent yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here